Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After birth Abortion?? *poll added*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I am...

Options:

Pro life and think it is murder

Pro life and think it is okay

Pro choice and think it is murder

Pro choice and think it is okay

Who flippin cares???

Other *please explain*

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 404

View Results

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
beethann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quoting ButterMeUp:

In the case of a child being born, whom is disabled and will have no quality of life, I wholeheartedly agree.

I can agree with this. But I have to wonder why nothing was done BEFORE baby was born. Did they not know? generally speaking.

AmandaMaeBell
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

That's murder, and the mother, and all involved should be brought up on murder charges.  My reasoning, the baby is no longer in the mother's body, so it's no longer her body, or choice.  What would be the difference in killing a new born, living, breathing baby, than a 4 month old living, breathing baby?  There is no difference, it's sick.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM
5 moms liked this

My thought is that it is something PL'ers thought up to elicit an emotional response from people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM
3 moms liked this
That is wrong on so many levels....a baby should never be killed.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

In the case of a child being born, whom is disabled and will have no quality of life, I wholeheartedly agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
No, it's not. There is actually a group of people who want this to happen. Sickos.

Quoting LoriLou75:

My thought is that it is something PL'ers thought up to elicit an emotional response from people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
That is wrong on so many levels....a baby should never be killed.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

sbreece
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Huh? Like aborting the after birth?? Im so confused..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junesmommy18
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
That shouldnt be categorized as an abortion... After birth is murder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember when the article first came out.  As far as healthy newborns, even those with special needs, I'd say absolutely NOT.  Once born, you are endowed with basic human rights.  And one of those is the right to live.  Allowing parents to frivolously decide that a born child shouldn't have a right to live for no other reason than a physical deformity or because the Dad left you is just not enough. 

But I will point out that there is a right to live and then there is being humane to someone who is in pain or extremely ill with no chance of survival.  A baby cannot consent to end of life procedures, obviously, and when it comes to something like that, then it should be the parents choice if the prognosis is extremely grim (i.e. fatal).   If baby is terminally ill and will live out its short life doped to the gills or in pain, I think a parent should be able to decide to "pull the plug" so to speak. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Yes, killing the baby after the baby has been born. Breathing and very much alive. The idea is that no parent should be 'stuck' with a child who has disabilities that were not caught before birth.

Quoting sbreece:

Huh? Like aborting the after birth?? Im so confused..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured