Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my PA' confession'

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Excuse the misspelling. Iam mobile:)

I have been on pa all my life i guess yu can say. My mom has always been on it. With 5 kids now and a year ago she got divorced, she says she depends on it. My mom has always depended on someone. She never actually tried to move forward. She also recently got a boyfriend and the new guy has paid all her overdue bills and got her a new car. The new guy doesnt know she gets asistance. She also got pregnant by the new guy while she was with my dad. He didnt know she was pregnant untill may of this yr so stepped up.

I am discusted by my mom. But the again beeing on PA is all i new. So unlike my mom i reallu did take advantage of it. ( in a good way).

I got pregnant my senior yr with my now husband. And in my hs. they MAKE yu apply for assistace. So i did. And i qualified. I asked to b out of my moms case and b by myself(since i was also kicked out for getting pregnant). But unlike my mom, I asked for information on how to to better myself. I got child care and health insurance and wic. With those 3things i can feed, take care of my childs health and continue to work. My hubby and i have been getting on the right track. He is in college and working full time now on an it position. And i have cared for my son and work part time. I will start college in may because thats wen my hubby graduates and my son doesnt has to b in day care all day. We have been on PA since last yrs june, and I recently got a letter that on june of next yr we will be off of it! I'm so happy that I have been able to turn my life around and so great full that we got the help needed to move forward. And unlike my mom I didn't turn it into a lifestyle. It took longer than we thought but we finally made it through!

And unlike other people I didn't have to lie and cheat my way to more yrs in PA.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM
I'm so happy!
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Good for you. Now go to school and learn to spell!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Quoting justpeachy71904:

Good for you. Now go to school and learn to spell!

I do know how to spell... I'm mobile though :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Well, if you are working hard to get off of it, and to give your child a better life, then I don't see a problem... but it sounds like your mom has major issues...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM
How Can your mother be on it her whole life,then you be on it only for a year before they tell you that you can't get it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Well, if you are working hard to get off of it, and to give your child a better life, then I don't see a problem... but it sounds like your mom has major issues...

She does. But I have tried to help... but she doesn't want the help. So its all up to her to try and make a change.
LuckyIrishMom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

That's great!  You should be so proud of yourself for breaking that cycle, and for being the kind of woman and mother your son will be so proud of!  Best of luck to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

She does. But I have tried to help... but she doesn't want the help. So its all up to her to try and make a change.

that's right. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Good luck in the future!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

How Can your mother be on it her whole life,then you be on it only for a year before they tell you that you can't get it?

She has lied all the time. She just doesn't have enough confidence to be on her own and achieve goals... I have tried to help but she is just used to living the way she does
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)