Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Elf on the Shelf...eta: pictures of ideas =)

Posted by   + Show Post

does your family do the elf on the shelf tradition? 

i just found out about it last year, a couple weeks before christmas... so i got one for us to put out this thanksgiving night to start our first year of the tradition.. i'm super excited!

what are some creative/fun/cute things your family's elf has done?? i'm up for all kinds of ideas! did/does he/she say good bye for the year in a cute way?? did they show up in a cute way?? any/all ideas welcome! =)

i found these pictures/ideas on google and thought they were cute =)

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
CrimsonGrace
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours rolled our Christmas tree with toilet paper last year for his grand entrance, this year we will have two, one for each child. It is fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
So.Ill.Mama
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM

i think next year he's going to bring a girl elf with him..his "sister"..i have 2 boys and 2 girls, so that'd be cute, i thought..but this year, we'll just stick w/ the one elf =)

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Ours rolled our Christmas tree with toilet paper last year for his grand entrance, this year we will have two, one for each child. It is fun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Our Elf, Berry is very mischivous! He made snowflakes out of coffe filters and put them on the Christmas tree and around the house, got into the cereal, found him in Barbie's car with Barbie under his arm, hid my phone in the cabinet, hid in the Christmas tree...lots more I can't think of atm... it's so much fun to figure out what to do next. The kids get a kick out of it!
Anonymous

I think it's a super cute idea, but honestly sounds like a lot of work.

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
Ours did this too!! Lol

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Hallmark store!!!

Quoting hargonagain:

Does anyone know where to get one?  My cousins use them but they found them years ago.  I want to start that tradition this year for my 5 year old but don't know where to get one!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
So.Ill.Mama
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

i saw a thing on google where he brought green milk back w/ him from the north pole.. i thought that would be super cute!...we would probably only do a half gallon, not a whole gallon though =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Our Elf, Berry is very mischivous! He made snowflakes out of coffe filters and put them on the Christmas tree and around the house, got into the cereal, found him in Barbie's car with Barbie under his arm, hid my phone in the cabinet, hid in the Christmas tree...lots more I can't think of atm... it's so much fun to figure out what to do next. The kids get a kick out of it!

PEEK05
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

No

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM
This is our first year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

sounds like fun!! I would want to take him with us to do our caroling and things like that. He could be like a christmas flat stanley kind of thing. Take pictures and send to family. But it says on the web site that he cant be touched. I might change it to fit the way we do things. I think my kids would love it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)