Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Superhuman mom strength!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone had to do something you never thought you could - for your child?

Yesterday my daughter somehow got stuck between the wall and the top bunk of her bunk bed (the one with the full size futon on top, VERY heavy). I heard a thump, her scream, then my 10 year old DS yell "MOM! HELP!" Those words instantly caused me to shoot up and fly in there like a bat out of hell, threw my leg up on the wall and yanked the bed like 2' away. (Had to have DH help me move it back lol) I'm not a dainty woman, so I surprised myself with my speed and dexterity lol!!!

DS just looked at me with his jaw on the floor!

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amyleigh80
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM

You would be amazed what adrenaline can do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Adrenaline. Causing superhuman strength since..forever. Lol
MajorsMom8215
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Yep. Made a jump over the porch railing that dropped 8 feet to the ground and ran so fast I don't remember it. I have numerous health issues that would keep me from making even a two foot drop down to the ground, but I just kept on going. Didn't even feel it until the next day.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I haven't had to do anything like that for my kids, thankfully. However, when my mom fell and broke her hip, the door to her house was locked. All I could hear was her saying, "Help" in a very faint voice. I broke the back door open to get to her. The entire door had to be replaced because I broke the door jam and door.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Adrenaline ia awesome, it has kept me from flipping out when something awful happens. Good job mama!

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Got any stories?

Quoting amyleigh80:

You would be amazed what adrenaline can do.

amyleigh80
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes actually now that I think about it.  When I was 4 I wanted to paint my nails.  My mother said no but I thought otherwise.  All the polishes where on top of a huge, heavy, cherry wood dresser.  I thought if I pull out the drawers I can climb to the top.  Wrong.  The whole dresser came down on me.  I could not move or breath.  My mother heard the bang and came in and whipped that dresser off of me in an instant.  Children have died doing that.  I didn't have a scratch but I sure have the memory.

MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Good job mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)