Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF?? Has anyone heard about this? 19 states are petitioning to secede from U.S.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just read this on another site....so far its up to 19 states with LA leading the way. These are the rest, NY, FL, MT, IN, GA, KY, NC, MS, ND, NJ, AL, LA, TX, SC, MI, CO, OR, MO, TN....
I'm in Texas, I can only imagine what might happen in case any of these are granted. I think its unlikely, but the world is going to hell. So who knows...

Anyone have a reaction to this?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
PEEK05
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I think people are hopping on the bandwagon signing not even realizing what the hell they are signing lol. I doubt this will go anywhere with any of these states.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM
6 moms liked this

Some of you women are freaking stupid, THIS ISNT ABOUT OBAMA!!!! Well origionally it wasn't but some people have made it out to be this way.This has been going on for a while now but just recently has gotten "big"

It is about congress, the supreme court, and our f*cked up federal government. The federal government isn't doing their job, mostly congress, PEOPLE the President can't really do much, whether Romney would have won or not, we still would be f*cked... Okay I feel better now.

Heather_309
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Succeeded means they will no longer be a part of the United States of America. They will be on there own.

Not sure how it would work, I'm sure instead of money going to the federal government it would instead go to the state? Hmmmm...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzie490
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM
I'm not sure what this all means.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Such stupid shit
It will never happen

Then what if it does?
Sign another petition saying i want back in when his term is over?
Who are they going to blame then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

CITIZENS from those states filed the petition... which has less signatures than the people on my street.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Hmm... Never going to happen.
cutestmom24
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
talk about a nation divided.so sad :(
emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM

the states are not petitioning

some idiot citizens from the states are

they can't secede unless the state government is behind them, and i don't see that happening

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Im in texas to and That doesn't surprise me. I also believe texas is the only state that can legally succeed from the US

Quoting jb022210:

texas is actually leading with only 800 more signatures needed

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)