Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF?? Has anyone heard about this? 19 states are petitioning to secede from U.S.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just read this on another site....so far its up to 19 states with LA leading the way. These are the rest, NY, FL, MT, IN, GA, KY, NC, MS, ND, NJ, AL, LA, TX, SC, MI, CO, OR, MO, TN....
I'm in Texas, I can only imagine what might happen in case any of these are granted. I think its unlikely, but the world is going to hell. So who knows...

Anyone have a reaction to this?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (241-250):
NikiSellers0806
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM
I live in TN too:)

Quoting darkwhisper:

I don't see it being granted. but who knows. I live in TN we'll see what happens.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM

And you would jump to the conclusion that I'm black because?????? Guess you can label someone a certain race by the way they type now. You have no real arguement you just feed off whatever faux news feeds you don't you. Good bye!

Quoting Anonymous:

Or, it just goes to show that some people will grasp at anything, even if it means claiming something that isn't real. Obama, whether black, white, yellow, purple, sucks as a president. He goes on countless vacations and doesn't do shit for America. Maybe you should stop supporting a dumbass just because you're both black.

Quoting Anonymous:

Naw it's because he's black just be real about it. Just go to show there are still a lot of hateing ass people because of someones race. Bucnh of freaking cry babies. Bush was even more SHITTY then Obama and he didn't get any of this crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe its not because he's black. He's just a shitty president.

Quoting mariesmama:

um is it because a black man is still president um wasnt the first civil war fought over racism too?

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM

http://www.examiner.com/article/could-an-independent-texas-survive-economically-the-facts-say-yes

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting louzannalady:

What jobs do you think the redneck freaks actually control? Do you think they could even fill much less secure Texas? The US military could wipe them out in minutes. Not to mention the trade embargo we should establish. It wouldn't take long for them to start running to the US for aide.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Lol, ghetto typing.

Quoting Anonymous:

And you would jump to the conclusion that I'm black because?????? Guess you can label someone a certain race by the way they type now. You have no real arguement you just feed off whatever faux news feeds you don't you. Good bye!

Quoting Anonymous:

Or, it just goes to show that some people will grasp at anything, even if it means claiming something that isn't real. Obama, whether black, white, yellow, purple, sucks as a president. He goes on countless vacations and doesn't do shit for America. Maybe you should stop supporting a dumbass just because you're both black.

Quoting Anonymous:

Naw it's because he's black just be real about it. Just go to show there are still a lot of hateing ass people because of someones race. Bucnh of freaking cry babies. Bush was even more SHITTY then Obama and he didn't get any of this crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe its not because he's black. He's just a shitty president.

Quoting mariesmama:

um is it because a black man is still president um wasnt the first civil war fought over racism too?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM

i heard about it thought someone was joking me !! but i guess not people are idiots !

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Local ranchers near the border have their own protection set up. Believe me they are far more effective than the military. Everyone was crying that the Feds didn't support enough during Katrina. Perry chose to receive very little federal funding. I feel that Texas would be successful. Lots of oil in Texas, we'd do well without any of the whack jobs crying about frac drilling hurting the earth.

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

It's a temper tantrum... The benefits of federal funding, federal protection, employment of federal employees in these states, FEMA (after Katrina I could only imagine what Louisiana would have looked like if there had been no help, no matter how long Bush took), roadways and bridges, federally funded educational programs... You can't make me believe that this would just happen and then everything would be smooth sailing.

Quoting Anonymous:

States not only receive federal funding, they pay into it as well. Another 4 years of Obama is too much for some people to handle. A peaceful secession is not acting like an angry teenager, it is fixing what is broke.

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

This is stupid... People really need to get over themselves. They are not thinking about what would actually happen in these states if federal funding were cut off. Millions would be affected. These people are acting like angry teenagers trying to emancipate themselves. And UNFORTUNATELY for me, I live in Louisiana which is one of the states listed. OMG!!

LuvnMyCrew3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I just can't say the same for Louisiana...

Quoting Anonymous:

Local ranchers near the border have their own protection set up. Believe me they are far more effective than the military. Everyone was crying that the Feds didn't support enough during Katrina. Perry chose to receive very little federal funding. I feel that Texas would be successful. Lots of oil in Texas, we'd do well without any of the whack jobs crying about frac drilling hurting the earth.

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

It's a temper tantrum... The benefits of federal funding, federal protection, employment of federal employees in these states, FEMA (after Katrina I could only imagine what Louisiana would have looked like if there had been no help, no matter how long Bush took), roadways and bridges, federally funded educational programs... You can't make me believe that this would just happen and then everything would be smooth sailing.

Quoting Anonymous:

States not only receive federal funding, they pay into it as well. Another 4 years of Obama is too much for some people to handle. A peaceful secession is not acting like an angry teenager, it is fixing what is broke.

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

This is stupid... People really need to get over themselves. They are not thinking about what would actually happen in these states if federal funding were cut off. Millions would be affected. These people are acting like angry teenagers trying to emancipate themselves. And UNFORTUNATELY for me, I live in Louisiana which is one of the states listed. OMG!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Louisiana is right behind Texas in the number of signatures on the petition!

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

LuvnMyCrew3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Still not the majority... These people are not thinking clearly and in my opinion are selfish and self righteous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM
I think that it is democracy at its best... Our deceleration of independence was formed because the colonists felt that if government was detrimental or harmful they had the right to form a new one. Obama and Romney are total opposites which means Romney supporters can't handle what Obama believes in. They feel it is harmful.

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Still not the majority... These people are not thinking clearly and in my opinion are selfish and self righteous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvnMyCrew3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)