Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF?? Has anyone heard about this? 19 states are petitioning to secede from U.S.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I just read this on another site....so far its up to 19 states with LA leading the way. These are the rest, NY, FL, MT, IN, GA, KY, NC, MS, ND, NJ, AL, LA, TX, SC, MI, CO, OR, MO, TN....
I'm in Texas, I can only imagine what might happen in case any of these are granted. I think its unlikely, but the world is going to hell. So who knows...

Anyone have a reaction to this?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the perfect name for their country:

Anti American Hell

we'll need the military bases back, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
6 moms liked this
“Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States cannot make it without Texas!" -- Sam Houston, President of the Republic of Texas 
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mariesmama:

um is it because a black man is still president um wasnt the first civil war fought over racism too?

yes.  that's the only reason.  And, no, the civil was fought over the economy.

Technically the civil war was fought for state rights. The federal government was getting too controlling and big. While I am very against slavery, it wasn't really fought because of slavery, it was fought because states did not want to lose their rights to make laws governing their people.

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Agreed Texas can make it without the US . Im in Tx and yeah we would be happy to secede from the US

Quoting Anonymous:

“Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States cannot make it without Texas!" -- Sam Houston, President of the Republic of Texas 

Stephanie nice to meet you.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I'm in Texas too. I just thought I'd share that. I originally thought remembering back to Texas history (that's been quite a few years), Texas was the only state that could secede?

Quoting mmtosam06:

Agreed Texas can make it without the US . Im in Tx and yeah we would be happy to secede from the US

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Wow when will the silliness end??

Shameful....and so full of hate for Obama.

maryjmom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM
I'm in TN! Where do I sign up?!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Some of you women are freaking stupid, THIS ISNT ABOUT OBAMA!!!! Well origionally it wasn't but some people have made it out to be this way.This has been going on for a while now but just recently has gotten "big"

It is about congress, the supreme court, and our f*cked up federal government. The federal government isn't doing their job, mostly congress, PEOPLE the President can't really do much, whether Romney would have won or not, we still would be f*cked... Okay I feel better now.

If they succeeded (which would be cool if they had good leaders who knew what they were doing) they wouldn't have any debt. But, there would have to be a war first. The government isn't going to sit by and watch it happen.

I know, I don't see it actually happening because of that.

maryjmom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Hey. Where in TN are you? I live in TN too.

Quoting darkwhisper:

I don't see it being granted. but who knows. I live in TN we'll see what happens.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)