Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

paragaurd

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

do you have it, or have you had it?
how was it for you?
did you like it or hate it?
what was the pain like when you got it in?
and also my most important question what was the monthly bleeding like?
im BF and thinking about getting the paragaurd

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
s00ntobemomof2
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM

BUMP!

3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM
I've heard it was better than the mirena which I had and it sucked. Its better because its hormone free. I'm assuming the pain of having it placed is the same. It feels like a pinch going in with slight cramping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annismom10
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Not much pain putting it in. i've had it aince june, and i've been bleeding almost constantly since. I didn't have a period for almost 3 yrs bcause of hormonal bc, so I was expecting it. But I still like it, wouldn't change it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
s00ntobemomof2
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

the marina has hormones in it....

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

I've heard it was better than the mirena which I had and it sucked because its hormone free. I'm assuming the pain of having it placed is the same. It feels like a pinch going in with slight cramping.

s00ntobemomof2
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM

that what im worries about i have tried all sorts of birth controls and im always bleed constantly like i bleed until i stop using that form of bc and i hate it

Quoting annismom10:

Not much pain putting it in. i've had it aince june, and i've been bleeding almost constantly since. I didn't have a period for almost 3 yrs bcause of hormonal bc, so I was expecting it. But I still like it, wouldn't change it.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Bump. I'm seriously considering the paraguard, so I'm curious to the replies.
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Yes I know. I'm saying the paraguard is better because it doesn't have hormones. I see where I messed up lol I fixed it.
Quoting s00ntobemomof2:

the marina has hormones in it....

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

I've heard it was better than the mirena which I had and it sucked because its hormone free. I'm assuming the pain of having it placed is the same. It feels like a pinch going in with slight cramping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Labor like cramping and bleeding and cramps have gome up by more than 100%
hplesha
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I have it!!!! I love it. It's my second one now. I had the first in for 5yrs before i had it out to get pregnant. I didn't have any issues with infertility or anything. I got another one put back in after i had the baby. It's hormone free, copper and requires no attention!! Works the minute you get it put in. Yes i had sex the same day it was put in... (exbf). The bleeding is heavy but my periods are now 3 days instead of 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annismom10
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM
The theory is that my body made eggs but didn't shed them. So now that I am hormone free for the first time in 10 yrs (other than pregnancy) i am finally shedding them. Sometimes i bleed a whole month, sometimes two one week periods. Today is my first blood free day in forever!! Im wearing cute vs undies lol (liner of course, can't be too careful lol)

But seriously, it's a great long term option. I know my body will balance out in time. I think it's much much better than hormonal bc

Quoting s00ntobemomof2:

that what im worries about i have tried all sorts of birth controls and im always bleed constantly like i bleed until i stop using that form of bc and i hate it

Quoting annismom10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured