Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when you gave birth did you

Have your baby(ies) in the room with you @ the hospital or did your baby(ies) go to the nursery?

Me PERSONALLY & DF felt it was better to have DS with us the whole time in the hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
smushy79
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Mostly in the room
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alimomma1012
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM

the only time my baby was in the nursery was when they were doing the PKU testing and when the circumsized him. other than that he was with me all the time.

AbigailJ89
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I almost hemorrhaged with both of my children. I stayed in the hospital 3 nights with both of my girls. For the first night both of them stayed in the nursery except for feedings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
With me at all times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I had my baby at home. 

NoahandEliza
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM
They spent all day with me, but darn right I sent them to the nursery at night. I knew I had a rough couple months ahead of me and I was getting all the sleep that I could.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

My kids were with me the whole time. They only took them to do some necessary things and brought them back.

Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

With my oldest, we had Kaiser and I had no medical condition, so after the C-Section, she was in the room with me. I breastfed her.

My youngest and last one, was placed in the NICU. It was ten years later and I had Type II diabetes. They wanted to monitor her. She was well (I had a tight rein on my blood sugar), yet by the time I got to her (I had a C-Section with her, also), the nurses gave her the bottle and she did not want my breasts.

Although I understood why my youngest had to go to the NICU, I really would have loved to have had her in the room with me.

Well, at least they are both here and healthy.

busy_momma2
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Both times I had our children stay with us.

MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

My hospital doesn't have a nursery (just a room for baths, hearing screens, etc--I work there). All babies (except for NICU babies) room in with mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)