Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Surely Obama is not going to require this.....? ****UPDATED****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 342 Replies
1 mom liked this

Someone said that Obamacare is going to require you to buy insurance or pay a fine?

HUH? This has got to be a rumor?

What do you do if you can't aford to buy it?  My dh only makes 38,000 a year and I am a SAHM and going to work is out of the question.

UPDATE:

First, thanks everyone for responding. THis is very educational.

2nd, I don't know if this is a rumor or not, but I heard that Denny's restaurant is going to cut hours of people because of the tax?!? Here is the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

In the article (kinda towards the end) the Denny's guy said they would have to pay $5000 an employee per year for insurance?????????????? Surely that is NOT TRUE? $5000 a year per person for health insurance? So ifyou have 50 employees then you have to pay like $250,000 a year more for insurance? Is this true? Where is the money going to come from if this is true? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
4 moms liked this

That is exactly right. You husbands employer will be required to supply you with reasonably priced insurance.

FL2AK
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The Supreme Court stated that it was a tax and yes there will be a fine if you do not purchase insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

That is exactly right. You husbands employer will be required to supply you with reasonably priced insurance.

But my husband works for my dad and I know for a fact they cannot afford to pay for insurance.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM
8 moms liked this
Quit calling me Shirley
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

this is not particularly TRUE. If the business doesnt fit under the 50 plus workers

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

But my husband works for my dad and I know for a fact they cannot afford to pay for insurance.

Does he have over 50 employees?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Your taxes will go up (which is the fine people are talking about)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Only employers with over 50 Full time employees will be required to provide affordable insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM
6 moms liked this

Where have you been? You all are just learning about this now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
12 moms liked this

Let me guess, you voted for him?  And yes, it is true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)