Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Surely Obama is not going to require this.....? ****UPDATED****

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Someone said that Obamacare is going to require you to buy insurance or pay a fine?

HUH? This has got to be a rumor?

What do you do if you can't aford to buy it?  My dh only makes 38,000 a year and I am a SAHM and going to work is out of the question.

UPDATE:

First, thanks everyone for responding. THis is very educational.

2nd, I don't know if this is a rumor or not, but I heard that Denny's restaurant is going to cut hours of people because of the tax?!? Here is the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

In the article (kinda towards the end) the Denny's guy said they would have to pay $5000 an employee per year for insurance?????????????? Surely that is NOT TRUE? $5000 a year per person for health insurance? So ifyou have 50 employees then you have to pay like $250,000 a year more for insurance? Is this true? Where is the money going to come from if this is true? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
So, who did you vote for?
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

truth

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Lol. No not even 5 emplloyees

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

That is exactly right. You husbands employer will be required to supply you with reasonably priced insurance.

But my husband works for my dad and I know for a fact they cannot afford to pay for insurance.

Does he have over 50 employees?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Do you live under a rock?

brittany208
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

What everyone else said is true. Employers of more than 50 must provide it. I think if your DH works for a smaller company than that, he still has to have it though. This is why a lot of companies are laying people off now that the election results are in--they can't afford this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

No...this is not correct.

Insurance companies are required to take people with pre-existing conditions and the only fine I know of is if companies offshore American jobs to China.

Obama is for the people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

So what if you are homeless?

Or a single mom working fast food who cann't even afford a car!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Wrong, nothing in Obama care says anything about insurance being reasonably priced.  Also, it is cheaper for employers to take the fine, which many will do when they drop all insurance for employees.  Then it is up to the individual to get insurance or pay a fine.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

That is exactly right. You husbands employer will be required to supply you with reasonably priced insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you live under a rock?

No but I have never seen this in the news, and yes I watch the news

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM
4 moms liked this

Dude. Where have you been for the last two years? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)