Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Surely Obama is not going to require this.....? ****UPDATED****

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Someone said that Obamacare is going to require you to buy insurance or pay a fine?

HUH? This has got to be a rumor?

What do you do if you can't aford to buy it?  My dh only makes 38,000 a year and I am a SAHM and going to work is out of the question.

UPDATE:

First, thanks everyone for responding. THis is very educational.

2nd, I don't know if this is a rumor or not, but I heard that Denny's restaurant is going to cut hours of people because of the tax?!? Here is the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

In the article (kinda towards the end) the Denny's guy said they would have to pay $5000 an employee per year for insurance?????????????? Surely that is NOT TRUE? $5000 a year per person for health insurance? So ifyou have 50 employees then you have to pay like $250,000 a year more for insurance? Is this true? Where is the money going to come from if this is true? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Replies (341-342):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM
I know a lot of businesses are cutting hours or laying off employees because of this. I have no idea of the numbers are accurate or not.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Quit hearing things and read up on it for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it ture that the employeers have to pay 5000 a person for the insurance? (see my update)

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

That is exactly right. You husbands employer will be required to supply you with reasonably priced insurance.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)