Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

How do you feel about people that ask for money or food? Do you just walk past them, help them. Do you feel that its there fault,? Me and my sister was having a big arguement about it because i gave this man some money but i felt like he really needed it. You never know everyones situations some people really might need the help even though i feel that they could go other places you never know there story. and you never know what might happen in life that could be you or one of your family memebers. thatz what makes me look at it differently.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I believe that in moments like that, where you feel the need to give money, that God is guiding you. You just never know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I believe that in moments like that, where you feel the need to give money, that God is guiding you. You just never know.

i agree

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I walk past people begging on the street. I don't blame them for their situation, but I feel like getting a few dollars here and there isn't going to enable them to better their life and is only prolonging their misery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I work downtown and smoke outside so many people approach me. I have given a little but always feel like they are just gonna drink it. I don't mind helping people but would rather buy items or food than give cash.
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I think most are full of shit. I donate to charities, not beggers.

Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I always give money if I have it.  I would rather give money to someone who doesnt need than not give to someone who does.  I'm sure that at some point someone has gotten money from me they did need

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Most of the time I don't give but sometimes I get a "feeling" about a person and I will. There are a ton of resources out there. If I see someone day after day begging at the same spot I figure they don't want to change their situation. I also don't give to people who smell like alcohol or act strung out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simple_ole_me
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never given a begger money. I have, however, bought several of them a cheeseburger.

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Everyone's situation is so different that its hard to say. I would give someone food no matter what because I don't think anyone should starve.

A few months ago I saw someone eating out of a garbage can down town I asked her if I could get her some food and she declined... I realized as I was talking to her that she was high on crack or something. I don't regret offering to buy her food though. I had also planned to show her where the homeless shelter and soup kitchen was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM

if i give to a homeless, i go into a fast food/store and buy them a food/drink. i do not hand them cash.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN