Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hot Saucing the Child's Mouth

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

for disrespectfulness.......yay or nay?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
cowgirlsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:51 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Quoting raegansmom:

No, but I gave her 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar once for lying to me.

AAAAAGH! You just brought back a childhood memory. My mom gave me vinegar once. I was 4, and I kicked her. at church. Never did it again either after the vinegar. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM

this is what I think, if anyone cares:) Putting something into someones mouth is a very dominating and kind of cruel behavior, if done with the intention to hurt or make them uncomfortable. My mouth is a very private place, I don't know about anyone else's.

If you were caught, say, speeding, and you went to jail for God knows what reason, and someone stuck something in YOUR mouth that tasted terrible to punish youfor not folding her shirts right, you might think twice.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM
never. My kid loves hot sauce so it wouldn't work anyways. If my son is disrespectful he has been made aware of his consequences. Its the loss of his his xbox,kindle and computer times.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:03 AM

On a side note ...  Im a huge survivor fan and Blair from facts of life is in the competition this time. I was reading about her and she actually wrote a parenting book outlining this form of punishment.  

raegansmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. It was not my proudest moment, but it was effective. I gave her 3 chances to tell me the truth & she did not. Gave her 1/4 t of vinegar & told her "this is what lies taste like" & to remember that the next time she wanted to lie to me.
I've always told her that she will not get in as much trouble if she tells me the truth as she will if she lies about something. Even if the truth will make me angry, upset, etc, its still better than a lie.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting raegansmom:

No, but I gave her 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar once for lying to me.

AAAAAGH! You just brought back a childhood memory. My mom gave me vinegar once. I was 4, and I kicked her. at church. Never did it again either after the vinegar. LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
A cousin of mine had a little biting habit that my grandmother broke by keeping a really close eye on them and the second she saw him starting to lunge for a bite, she'd shove his own arm into his mouth before he realized it. A few chomps on your own arm tends to send the message. Of course the hot saucing for the biting sounds about right as well if it continues. No reason for your brother to continue suffering their bites. Those things hurt!

Quoting armywife009:

No.

However, when I was younger we use to babysit two girls, siblings, and they would bite anyone for any reason, especially my little brother (who was only about 4/5 at the time). He would have marks all over his face and finally after using every punishment we could think of, my mom would put a drop of hot sauce on their tongues. It only took a week and they never bit another child/adult again.

ETA: Their mom and my mom were bestfriends, she approved of this method.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

no, never

RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I wouldn't do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I have used vinegar, it tastes nasty but not quite as bad as the hot sauce deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN