Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hot Saucing the Child's Mouth

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

for disrespectfulness.......yay or nay?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Replies (261-270):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM

My daughter loves hot sauce. She had some shrimp tonight with ancho chile butter and she was in heaven.

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM

No way!  I would never do that to my son!

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Too bad CPS didn't get wind of the child abuse your mom & friend thought was so funny. 

Quoting armywife009:

No.

However, when I was younger we use to babysit two girls, siblings, and they would bite anyone for any reason, especially my little brother (who was only about 4/5 at the time). He would have marks all over his face and finally after using every punishment we could think of, my mom would put a drop of hot sauce on their tongues. It only took a week and they never bit another child/adult again.

ETA: Their mom and my mom were bestfriends, she approved of this method.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Too bad you are too stupid to comprehend.

We didn't think it was funny, my brother still has scars on his face from the bites and we did what we thought was necessary. Try again you dumb bitch.

Quoting Bonita131:

Too bad CPS didn't get wind of the child abuse your mom & friend thought was so funny. 

Quoting armywife009:

No.

However, when I was younger we use to babysit two girls, siblings, and they would bite anyone for any reason, especially my little brother (who was only about 4/5 at the time). He would have marks all over his face and finally after using every punishment we could think of, my mom would put a drop of hot sauce on their tongues. It only took a week and they never bit another child/adult again.

ETA: Their mom and my mom were bestfriends, she approved of this method.

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Liquid soap is toxic, it is considered a poison if ingested. You could be charged with trying to poison your child if it was found you willingly put liquid soap in her mouth. Hot saucing a child is a chargeable offence in my area, if it is not in your area as yet, it soon will be.

Try using humane dicipline next time or you could very well lose your child.

Quoting Anonymous:

No!  My husband thought it would be funny to give our 2 year old a taste of the hot sauce he likes.  She asked for more!  Since then she doesnt like spicy anymore, but I wouldn't use that as a form of punishment.  We've done liquid soap once or twice, however we were worried it was illegal?  I thought I had heard somewhere that it was a huge no no to use hot sauce as punishment?  Could be wrong though!

mhwillet
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM

nay... cruel!!!!

AntzMom24
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM

If it works, yay. My kid LOVES spicy though. He puts tabasco sauce on everything. 

AntzMom24
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:01 AM

I didn't know that! Wow was I raised wrong... 

Quoting Bonita131:

Liquid soap is toxic, it is considered a poison if ingested. You could be charged with trying to poison your child if it was found you willingly put liquid soap in her mouth. Hot saucing a child is a chargeable offence in my area, if it is not in your area as yet, it soon will be.

Try using humane dicipline next time or you could very well lose your child.

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:04 AM
I would never do that. To me it is abuse children are way more sensitive than adults.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nanamom127
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:02 AM

This is child abuse!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)