Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Animal lovers only. All others will be fed to the dogs. .......Too soon? EDIT..good lord

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

So....my neighbor shot my dog. Now, granted my dog is not dead, or really even injured, I am keeping a cool head right now.

Now, just so you know, I don't call the cops. For anything. For any reason. I don't trust the law enforcement officers in my area. Or in general, but that's just how I feel. No offense to anyone.

So, with that being said, let me give you a hypothetical question. Suppose there was NO law enforcement to call, NO PETA, NO Humane Society. Then your neighbor shot your dog. What do you do to handle it on a personal level?

Please don't tell me to keep my dog locked up, or anything. Basically, my dog was barking, inside our fence, and our drunk-ass neighbor shot him with a BB gun. I assume he shot him because he was barking? We have never had problems with this neighbor. We have never really engaged with this neighbor, other than a wave. SO what would ya do??

this story has now been edited for the people that think it's my fault. All I can tell you is this. My dog rarely barks, and if he does bark for any amount of time, I go check on him, play with him, etc. No I will not get rid of my dog. He is part of our family. I don't call the police. Not because I'm some kind of "rebel" or because I'm cooking meth in the babies closet...I just believe our system is a joke. So sue me...I'm sure you can. It happens everyday for people.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LanaTsunami
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:33 AM
21 moms liked this
Get a bb gun and shoot his ass back all while drunk
raegansmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM
I would probably go talk to him about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
desperatelyTTC
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM
I would be irate if someone shot my dog through the fence.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM
This

Quoting raegansmom:

I would probably go talk to him about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I stoped reading at "I don't call the cops"
Trashy. We do not live in anarchy. *smh*

I would call the cops.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I would call the cops.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that I'm trashy for not calling the cops? Never heard that before. I am living in anarchy because I don't want to call the cops for shooting my dog but not really injuring him, and with no proof to offer them that it even happened other than me saying it did? Damn, if I said that, soemone would bitch that I was wasting tax dollars by misusing 911..blah blha blah

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LanaTsunami:

Get a bb gun and shoot his ass back all while drunk

Oh trust me. There is a Loooooong list titled "Shit I would like to do to him"..and then there's the list of "shit i can get away with but get my point across. I don't call the cops, but he might. LOL...( I seriously doubt it, but I need sneaky ways to get even)

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this
You don't use 911 you use the non-emergency line and someone will come out and file a complaint.

It is good to file a complaint bc if your dog ever ends up dead bc of your neighbor it will help build the case against him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I would call the cops.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that I'm trashy for not calling the cops? Never heard that before. I am living in anarchy because I don't want to call the cops for shooting my dog but not really injuring him, and with no proof to offer them that it even happened other than me saying it did? Damn, if I said that, soemone would bitch that I was wasting tax dollars by misusing 911..blah blha blah

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I would probably handle it by not leaving my dog outside to bark. How rude!
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:58 AM
So you have NEVER heard that when someone "doesn't trust 'the law'" they are trashy? Not surprising. It seems like you are surrounded by trashy people. If anyone shoots ANY kind of gun in my direction (or the direction of my property-since I have a child) I WILL be calling the cops. No ifs, ands or buts about it. And that would not be considered a waist of resources. These are the reason the cops are here. To keep crazy neighbors at bay.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I would call the cops.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN