Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Think They SHOULD Secede from the Union

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

GET out--...good riddance

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
Kmary
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Tell that to a Texan and see what they say.  Some probably are just using it as protest, but I think many are crazy enough to believe it would be better.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a PROTEST.  How many times do I have to point that out to you people?  I highly doubt most of the signers want or even expect to actually be allowed to secede, but they want the government to hear them and do something.  People have done this before, it's just much bigger now.  It is beyond unlikely that anyone will be allowed to secede, but with the number so high the government may try to do something to appease them.  Stop taking it so literally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM

dont' you think if your state secedes, that will change?  suppose your state secedes, taking the jobs and housing market with it?  you may not have a choice...

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Well, considering that our home, jobs and lives are here....

We can't just pack up and move.

Quoting Anonymous:

beings as it's still a free country for people to move where ever they'd like, there are no excuses

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Those idiots don't speak for everyone in their state though.

This.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Well they're pretty stupid if they think it will actually work, the government would never let them go.  

Quoting Kmary:

Tell that to a Texan and see what they say.  Some probably are just using it as protest, but I think many are crazy enough to believe it would be better.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a PROTEST.  How many times do I have to point that out to you people?  I highly doubt most of the signers want or even expect to actually be allowed to secede, but they want the government to hear them and do something.  People have done this before, it's just much bigger now.  It is beyond unlikely that anyone will be allowed to secede, but with the number so high the government may try to do something to appease them.  Stop taking it so literally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM

no one ever said Texans were smart...look at Bush..

Quoting Anonymous:

Well they're pretty stupid if they think it will actually work, the government would never let them go.  

Quoting Kmary:

Quoting Anonymous:

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
A single outspoken extremist and those who sign these petitions don't speak for all residents of these states.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

then those who are opposed should get out there an open their  mouths too!!!! Dont just sit there and complain!!

Quoting mom2ljh:

A single outspoken extremist and those who sign these petitions don't speak for all residents of these states.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM
The states are not wanting to leave, some idiots are starting an online petition. That is not how it would be done if the state's government were really wanting to do that.

Quoting Anonymous:

who are you talking about? there are several states that are wanting to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM
If you think these folks in Texas don't mean it.... Then you don't know Texans. Some of these guys are certainly not in it for the "symbolism".

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM
California, Ohio, and Delaware now have petitions to secede. Those were blue states. Obviously, I'm aware of these petitions not speaking for the state population as a whole. But, I don't think it's specifically directed at Obama. He's just one person. I think they're angry with the government in general. And, for the record, I am a North Carolinian who voted for Romney and I have no intent of signing the petition.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you do not want to be American just because Obama won presidency.

Then do not let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

My only qualm being make this a Romney supporter issue not a whole state issue.

This isnt about your state or America..your state isnt the problem...and America voted majority for Obama....The problem is you so bye!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
For me, it isn't about Obama specifically. He will be gone in 4 years, no big deal. However, the mess America is in will not go away so quickly. I understand wanting to start afresh. With so many people now on welfare and government assistance, with the debt now so large, with the attitude of entitlement that people seem to have ('if I qualify for it, why not use it, even if I don't need it' attitude), this country will not be able to sustain its citizens for long. I think something similar to the Great Depression is coming. Maybe 5, 10, 15 years from now, but if something doesn't change soon, the end result will not be good. That is why I would consider leaving the US, NOT because of Obama. As I said, he only has 4 more years in office. But then another politician just like him will take his place, promising things he cannot keep, and the country will continue down the path it has been going down for the last 20 years or so. It isn't just one President, it's the whole system. I love my country dearly, but I fear for my children and their future. Even the greatest countries fall eventually. It is the fall I fear, not a single man.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you do not want to be American just because Obama won presidency.

Then do not let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

My only qualm being make this a Romney supporter issue not a whole state issue.

This isnt about your state or America..your state isnt the problem...and America voted majority for Obama....The problem is you so bye!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)