Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Think They SHOULD Secede from the Union

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

GET out--...good riddance

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM

nope

Quoting ashleymosq:

• Delaware
  • California
  • Ohio
  • Nevada
  • Pennsylvania
  • Arizona
  • Oklahoma
  • Arkansas
  • South Carolina
  • Georgia
  • Missouri
  • Tennessee
  • Michigan
  • New York
  • Colorado
  • Oregon
  • New Jersey
  • North Dakota
  • Montana
  • Indiana
  • Mississippi
  • Kentucky
  • Florida
  • North Carolina
  • Alabama
  • Texas
  • Louisiana

This is the list of states that have the petitions so far. Each state needs at 25,000 signatures. I know that Texas has over 60,000 already. 

So OP, do you live in any of these states?

PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Do you know which ones? This is insane, btw. Even if it's just a public show of disapproval with the election, it's definitely not showing the world a united front.

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Yeah. It is up to 30 now last I checked.

Quoting Anonymous:

who are you talking about? there are several states that are wanting to.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I am in one of the states that wishes to succeed and I would move to another state before that happens. It's stupid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM
5 moms liked this
They are opening their mouths and making legal petitions. You don't agree with them, so you are being ugly and saying "get out"! Since when, in America, do we tell people to leave that they shouldn't be American, just because we don't agree with them? They are speaking out without riots, without pillaging, and without war. So how exactly does freedom of speech work now? Last I checked, it was there to protect people from being abused and shut up by people like you-just because you don't agree with them.

Quoting Anonymous:

i didn't assume a thing...i simply said if people are not happy with it, get out and open your mouth too!!  Sitting in your house complaining on the internet isn't doing any good to move things in a different direction.  

Quoting mom2ljh:

Why assume all conservatives are complaining? Some of us understand what it means to live in a democracy and that, though disappointing, your candidate does not always win.

Quoting Anonymous:

then those who are opposed should get out there an open their  mouths too!!!! Dont just sit there and complain!!

Quoting mom2ljh:

A single outspoken extremist and those who sign these petitions don't speak for all residents of these states.

Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I don't know why people are getting all riled up about this. Secession is not going to happen. The people signing the petitions are just trying to make a point; the petitions are just a gesture and a symbol of how people are fed up with the way things are and the way they're going.

No, I haven't signed any petitions. I'm in Pennsylvania and there's no way people in THIS state would ever consider seceding! I should add, I'm not originally from here. I'm from SC which is one of the states petitioning to secede.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Are you sure about  these? I haven't heard anything and I live in Detroit. And that doesn't make sense anyway, we as a state voted democratic.

Quoting ashleymosq:

• Delaware
  • California
  • Ohio
  • Nevada
  • Pennsylvania
  • Arizona
  • Oklahoma
  • Arkansas
  • South Carolina
  • Georgia
  • Missouri
  • Tennessee
  • Michigan
  • New York
  • Colorado
  • Oregon
  • New Jersey
  • North Dakota
  • Montana
  • Indiana
  • Mississippi
  • Kentucky
  • Florida
  • North Carolina
  • Alabama
  • Texas
  • Louisiana

This is the list of states that have the petitions so far. Each state needs at 25,000 signatures. I know that Texas has over 60,000 already. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I love how these things put people in such a state of mind. lol . damn sheep.

Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Do you know which ones? This is insane, btw. Even if it's just a public show of disapproval with the election, it's definitely not showing the world a united front.

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Yeah. It is up to 30 now last I checked.

Quoting Anonymous:

who are you talking about? there are several states that are wanting to.

I hate to burst your bubble but we haven't shown the world a united front in a LONG time!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM

there is NO freedom of speech anymore and one does NOT have the right to remain silent...i personally witnessed an attack on my dh for refusal to say anything to police...he was also NOT allowed legal representation, either, in the pig station.  Many people are purposefully 'shut up' with the use of excessive force, and false police reports filed...i've seen it over and over and over and over and over and over........

Quoting Anonymous:

They are opening their mouths and making legal petitions. You don't agree with them, so you are being ugly and saying "get out"! Since when, in America, do we tell people to leave that they shouldn't be American, just because we don't agree with them? They are speaking out without riots, without pillaging, and without war. So how exactly does freedom of speech work now? Last I checked, it was there to protect people from being abused and shut up by people like you-just because you don't agree with them.

Quoting Anonymous:

i didn't assume a thing...i simply said if people are not happy with it, get out and open your mouth too!!  Sitting in your house complaining on the internet isn't doing any good to move things in a different direction.  

Quoting mom2ljh:

Why assume all conservatives are complaining? Some of us understand what it means to live in a democracy and that, though disappointing, your candidate does not always win.

Quoting Anonymous:

then those who are opposed should get out there an open their  mouths too!!!! Dont just sit there and complain!!

Quoting mom2ljh:

A single outspoken extremist and those who sign these petitions don't speak for all residents of these states.

Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Are you sure about  these? I haven't heard anything and I live in Detroit. And that doesn't make sense anyway, we as a state voted democratic.

Quoting ashleymosq:

• Delaware
  • California
  • Ohio
  • Nevada
  • Pennsylvania
  • Arizona
  • Oklahoma
  • Arkansas
  • South Carolina
  • Georgia
  • Missouri
  • Tennessee
  • Michigan
  • New York
  • Colorado
  • Oregon
  • New Jersey
  • North Dakota
  • Montana
  • Indiana
  • Mississippi
  • Kentucky
  • Florida
  • North Carolina
  • Alabama
  • Texas
  • Louisiana

Okay I live in Pennsylvania and I have to say it surprises me to see PA on the list. Pennsylvania has ALWAYS been liberal. As I said earlier, I'm not originally from here; I'm from SC. Then again, the way the state voted in the election last week, the only areas that went blue were Pittsburgh and Philly. If it weren't for those two highly populated areas, we would have gone red.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured