Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Think They SHOULD Secede from the Union

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

GET out--...good riddance

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Wow...have we all forgotten history lessons...Civil war,eh?

Succession only leads to bad things... I agree with the reply saying states signing petitions to succeed are like toddlers throwing tantrums.

Seriously folks,I'm so tired of people talking out their ass not caring that so many have died to win their freedom of speech.

Be pissed about the election,fine,whatever...but states throwing irrational hissy fits to leave the Union ...yeah,not thinking this a very well thought out reaction.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

my aunt tried to secede once.  filed papers.  went to court.  had a judge tell her to go fuck herself and that was that :)

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Texas is the only one who actually submitted the paper work.

Quoting Anonymous:

who are you talking about? there are several states that are wanting to.

PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I know! But this is mildly embarassing.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Do you know which ones? This is insane, btw. Even if it's just a public show of disapproval with the election, it's definitely not showing the world a united front.

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Yeah. It is up to 30 now last I checked.

Quoting Anonymous:

who are you talking about? there are several states that are wanting to.

I hate to burst your bubble but we haven't shown the world a united front in a LONG time!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I don't see how this leads to communism, martial law maybe, but not communism.

Quoting Anonymous:

And when they are told no they will become a rebellion. Rise up against the government and a lot of people will die and we will be living in a Communist country.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well they're pretty stupid if they think it will actually work, the government would never let them go.  

Quoting Kmary:

Tell that to a Texan and see what they say.  Some probably are just using it as protest, but I think many are crazy enough to believe it would be better.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a PROTEST.  How many times do I have to point that out to you people?  I highly doubt most of the signers want or even expect to actually be allowed to secede, but they want the government to hear them and do something.  People have done this before, it's just much bigger now.  It is beyond unlikely that anyone will be allowed to secede, but with the number so high the government may try to do something to appease them.  Stop taking it so literally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM

They are throwing a tantrum and as childish as it all may seem, their petitioning to secede might be a nice wake-up call.  There are some SERIOUS issues in this country that need to be addressed and if we continue to ignore them all and just continue on the path that we're on, then we will find ourselves in some sort of civil war which may not even be a bad thing because this country may need that kind of a wake up call.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM

i don't think the states are throwing a hissy fit about who got elected...they are throwing a fit over the way OUR OWN fed gov is handling things...

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow...have we all forgotten history lessons...Civil war,eh?

Succession only leads to bad things... I agree with the reply saying states signing petitions to succeed are like toddlers throwing tantrums.

Seriously folks,I'm so tired of people talking out their ass not caring that so many have died to win their freedom of speech.

Be pissed about the election,fine,whatever...but states throwing irrational hissy fits to leave the Union ...yeah,not thinking this a very well thought out reaction.

racheypoo03
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Wait, not to sound like an idiot, but I honestly dont watch the news.  Whats going on?  I live in Texas, even though Im saying that I dont know whats going on, Texans have a way of always in the back of our minds, want to split off and be our own country per se.  Im not saying that its right or that it will succeed, Im just saying, since we know we could, its always in the back of our minds.  I never heard of any petition though, I never even heard it from friends, family or random people, so apparently everyone in my small town, dosent watch the news either or I just hang out with the same kind of people like me.....lol

crazytexan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I am Texan to the core of my being, and I'm not signing any petition. people are angry and angry with the direction that our country is heading.

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

If you think these folks in Texas don't mean it.... Then you don't know Texans. Some of these guys are certainly not in it for the "symbolism".

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a PROTEST.  How many times do I have to point that out to you people?  I highly doubt most of the signers want or even expect to actually be allowed to secede, but they want the government to hear them and do something.  People have done this before, it's just much bigger now.  It is beyond unlikely that anyone will be allowed to secede, but with the number so high the government may try to do something to appease them.  Stop taking it so literally.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)