Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pledge/national anthem

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why do people get so up in arms when people don't say or stand for the pledge or national anthem? Shouldn't we have the right to choose whether or not we want to? I didn't force anyone to serve in the military so I don't think people should be forced to say either one just my opinion.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Thank goodness I have the right to choose whether or not I want to do something. Don't like it cry me a river build a bridge and get over it

Quoting lilbit04:

And once again it's a sign of respect. How can you sit there and say you "love" your country yet not show any respect??? A bit hypocritical much.

Quoting Anonymous:

So because I don't stand for the pledge or national anthem I don't love my country m? Right ok

Quoting lilbit04:

All I have to say is people amaze the hell out of me...no they don't force you to do it but it still shows respect that you give a damn about the country and apparently some ppl don't. Which IMO if you don't like it then a) keep your mouth shut and don't say shit or b) move somewhere else.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

why? because she's exercising her first amendment right?

Quoting lilbit04:

Well then you should move out if the country!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well people should RESPECT my decision!

Quoting lilbit04:

Wow...it's a sign of respect!!! Way to be a GREAT American citizen there!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Not really. You can love your country. The pledge...the National Anthem...not the only ways to show repect or love of country. Call me un-patriotic, but I can't say I'm always proud of everything this country has done.

Quoting lilbit04:

And once again it's a sign of respect. How can you sit there and say you "love" your country yet not show any respect??? A bit hypocritical much.

Quoting Anonymous:

So because I don't stand for the pledge or national anthem I don't love my country m? Right ok

Quoting lilbit04:

All I have to say is people amaze the hell out of me...no they don't force you to do it but it still shows respect that you give a damn about the country and apparently some ppl don't. Which IMO if you don't like it then a) keep your mouth shut and don't say shit or b) move somewhere else.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit04:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I think I like you

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

same goes for you. you don't respect her rights to free speech, which means you don't respect our constitution, which means you don't respect our country

so if anyone is the hypocrite, it's you, little girl.

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit04:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

You're a hypocrite for indulging in all our American luxuries and freedoms while refusing to pony up some respect for the ones that make it possible for you to even have the freedoms you have. You take advantage of your freedoms but will not give thanks for them.How disgusting. The pledge takes less than minute to recite. Are you that lazy?

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
It's your RIGHT to say it or not say it:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Yea I think I'll stay!!! I have the up most respect for my country as I stand for the pledge and the national anthem! I'm proud of the values I was taught and very proud of the majority of my family serving our wonderful nation for so many years...so EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME for being a bit offended!!!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

thank god your opinion isn't what matters.

the fact is we have freedom of speech in this country and if you don't like it, maybe you shuld leave

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I do it out of respect for those innocent men women and children that are killed everyday in war zones by gun happy soldiers

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a hypocrite for indulging in all our American luxuries and freedoms while refusing to pony up some respect for the ones that make it possible for you to even have the freedoms you have. You take advantage of your freedoms but will not give thanks for them.How disgusting. The pledge takes less than minute to recite. Are you that lazy?

lilbit04
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Riiiiight!!!! Bc I don't respect the values of what the pledge mean...ya ok!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

same goes for you. you don't respect her rights to free speech, which means you don't respect our constitution, which means you don't respect our country

so if anyone is the hypocrite, it's you, little girl.

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

:Lol you're geting all pissy and telling people to get over it when YOU ASKED THE QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE DIPSHIT!!! You don't like the answers you KNEW you were going to get and now you are playing the victim. You know exactly why you posted this, and it was just to make people angry. You know it, I know it, we all know it. 

Well played, idiot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM
You are excused. I have had family members serve also so I think you should get tougher skin.

Quoting lilbit04:

Yea I think I'll stay!!! I have the up most respect for my country as I stand for the pledge and the national anthem! I'm proud of the values I was taught and very proud of the majority of my family serving our wonderful nation for so many years...so EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME for being a bit offended!!!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

thank god your opinion isn't what matters.

the fact is we have freedom of speech in this country and if you don't like it, maybe you shuld leave

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lilbit04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)