Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can someone not "afford" Christmas? and yes, I'm broke as hell, before you even ask.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I understand saying that you can't afford to "buy presents" for Christmas. I know it sucks, especially when you have excited little ones. Trust me, I know. But saying you can't afford Christmas is like saying you can't afford to breathe. Christmas doesn't skip you just because you're broke. No one ever dies from not getting presents. Christmas isn't supposed to be about gifts anyway, right? Bake some cookies, or vegetables for those moms out there that hate cookies, and just love your kids. Use Christmas as a way to enjoy your family and do something good for others. Volunteers rock!!!!

If you can't afford to give your kids presents, then at least be in a happy and loving mood for them. If not being able to buy gifts is ruining your Christmas and puttiing you in a shitty mood, then why even bother?

I should have expected the cattiness. I have been there...I have been that mom who couldn't afford presents...it is heartbreaking to see your kids have to go without while others get so much. But we, as adults, have to rise above it. if you can't change your situaton, then make the best of it. That's all I'm saying. And yes, I am poor for those of you berating me because you think I'm some rich well-to-do bitch.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Replies (171-172):
Evansmommy1130
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:48 AM

I agree with you, my brother was telling my mom yesterday that he can't afford Christmas for his three kids. When she told me I asked why does he act surprised by Christmas? It happens every year on the same day, so it shouldn't be unexpected. I shop all year round for gifts, mainly checking out the clearance rack, because money is tight for us but that's no reason my son should do without.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:59 AM

its not ablout the bog presents anyways. If you have little ones you can get something in a dollar store. Even wal mart has some stuff for a dollar. I've seen beautiful hige coloring books for just a dollar, they have spongebob, turtles, my little pony and more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)