Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when do you decorate?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
This year Im excited ( as every year since becoming a mom ) to decorate. Although i have to do a major scrub down of the house ( did start by putting some window stickers up in my living room window..but i still have Halloween ones on my front door...Haha yes vie been very busy and couldnt find plastic to put the door ones on last night Haha ) but some people i know have their tree up already! ( ours will be a real tree so we wont have it up till a week before ). I was wondering how early some of you decorate for xmas?( keep in mind Im in Canada we already had thanksgiving Haha )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I will be decorating next Tuesday. The day before we travel out of the city for Thanksgiving holiday.

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Well since you already had Thanksgiving, that's cool! I told my mom EVERYTHING is going up the day of or the day after Thanksgiving! 

I don't think I can wait a day longer. No one in my family thinks it's ok to put it up any earlier than Thanksgiving, and most think even the day after is too soon lol.

I will probably do it all on Thanksgiving, after everyone has gone home and/or left to hibernate in their rooms for the night bahahaha.

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving...

Borne_Wonky
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM

The day after Thanksgiving, so you can do it now.

crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM

For Christmas I do it after thanksgiving 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM
We are decorating this weekend :)
MommaRoseT
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM

We go all out decorating here. My husband goes CRAZY with the lights and yard decorations. Our house has become one of those houses that people go out of their way to drive by during the holidays, lol. Last night, the pizza delivery guy was asking us when we were going to start putting them up (it caught us off guard, lol). He said he always makes sure to drive his daughter by our house. I thought that was cute. 

Sometimes my husband starts early with the lights outside. Currently they are beginning to get spread out in the front yard so I imagine they will start going up pretty soon (when hubby feels like it is what that means, lol).

We don't decorate inside until after Thanksgiving. Usually me and our boys will start decorating the inside as soon as we get back home from celebrating Thanksgiving with family in another state (so Friday or Saturday of next week we will start most likely).

Happy Holidays!!!

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I decorate after December 2nd because that's my sons birthday and I don't want him to remember his birthdays with Christmas stuff all over. Idk if this makes sense but I want him to feel like there was a difference between the 2. Last year he was turned 2 and on Christmas day when he saw the gifts he thought they were all his and got upset when his other cousins opened gifts. I'm avoiding that this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bedtimehereyet
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM
We usually wait until after Thanksgiving. This year they are going up this week. I need the closet space where the decorations for Christmas are located. I need to hide a big Christmas gift from a guest coming over for Thanksgiving.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I usually do it after Thanksgiving but i been pretty bummed about some things and just thinking about doing it early than usual.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN