Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you or your husband do voices and or impressions?

Posted by   + Show Post

I love listening to the little nuances of people's speech and voices. I've always been able to mimic people. I do different voices for different characters in books for the kids but my kids especially like that I do Elmo, Kermit, Gonzo, and Miss Piggy. They have me sing bedtime stories in character. My son likes to hand me different stuffed animals while I'm singing to have me change my voice throughout the song.

They recently have requested Fozzie Bear. That's going to take some studying for me. 

Do you or your husband mimic voices?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
TugBoatMama
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always done funny voices and accents just for the hell of it and to make people laugh. My hub's and I's favorite is the Pearl Jam voice where every word has an "R" in it. Lol we started doing that maybe almost a decade ago, way before all the "Ehrmagherd" stuff started.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM
I can do cartman, patrick and kermit really good lol thats about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Quoting Fistandantalus:

Oh, I am notorious for that.  Folks at work are always asking for Christopher Walken or Bruce Willis or Kathleen Turner or whoever.

I wish I could hear your bruce willis!

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Yes, I'm REALLY good and he surprises me on occasion because he is shy to do them, but will randomly bust out a perfect Dr. Phil or Obama. Lol. I love doing Kermit and Elmo. It shocks the heck out of people. I like doing Sean Connery meself!

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:27 PM

No we don't.

Emilytrademark
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

My husband does.. all the time. He is really good at it. He can also hear any voice from almost any celebrity (such as a voiced-over cartoon) and know who it is. It's really amazing.. I just wish he could make some real money off of it :P

I'm the same way. I love figuring out voice overs. My husband never believes me and always looks things up. We will be watching a commercial and I'll be like "Denis Leary" and he's starts typing next to me. lol No need to look it up honey, I'm positive it's him.

Sounds familiar! I never paid attention to voices at ALL until I met my husband. He will hear a commercial from the other room and I will hear him say "Oh hey, that's Matthew Mcconaughey." He's -almost- always right. I check him sometimes. IMDB website is on our favorites list for verification lol!

BabyFruit Ticker
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Well, I think I do a pretty good John Wayne impression.  But hubby just laughs and shakes his head, so maybe not?

And we talk in British accents at home (kids, too), but I'm pretty sure those are awful.  LOL

In reality, we are not good impressionists, but it's fun to try!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

My husband does.. all the time. He is really good at it. He can also hear any voice from almost any celebrity (such as a voiced-over cartoon) and know who it is. It's really amazing.. I just wish he could make some real money off of it :P

I'm the same way. I love figuring out voice overs. My husband never believes me and always looks things up. We will be watching a commercial and I'll be like "Denis Leary" and he's starts typing next to me. lol No need to look it up honey, I'm positive it's him.

Oh, we're both good at figuring out voice overs.

gcecelie
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Yes. I do mimmicking voice of everyone and so does he. When I do them of him though he is all, "I don't sound like that... I sound like this." at which point he does the same thing I just did which makes it SO much funnier.

When my husband mimmics people they all sound like the same british person though no one is british! LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

My DH "thinks" he can. LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured