Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you or your husband do voices and or impressions?

Posted by   + Show Post

I love listening to the little nuances of people's speech and voices. I've always been able to mimic people. I do different voices for different characters in books for the kids but my kids especially like that I do Elmo, Kermit, Gonzo, and Miss Piggy. They have me sing bedtime stories in character. My son likes to hand me different stuffed animals while I'm singing to have me change my voice throughout the song.

They recently have requested Fozzie Bear. That's going to take some studying for me. 

Do you or your husband mimic voices?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (31-35):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Yes. I like talking in a british accent when reading them their Charlie and Lola books. Lol they love it!
Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Sometimes I talk like an old southern black person... you know how they talked in The Color Purple? I'm the only one who thinks it's funny though. My boyfriend has this nerdy, nasally voice he uses. He's weird. My son tries to talk with a British accent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM
We mimic voices all the time but my husband is the best! I swear he should get into VoiceOver work because he's so good. He can do accents really well, too. For instance, we make our dog and cat "talk" and they each have unique voices. Our pug speaks on a little French girl accent and our cat is British, but not the queen's English, like a flower girl accent. We have puppets that he has assigned specific voices to as well.

The best voice I do is Dobby from Harry Potter.
mami2my3rugratz
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I'm the witty one, and I can do Elmo, some Fraggle Rock characters, SpongeBob, and a few others
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeiraRose
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I use to be able to do Marvin the Martian when I was little, hubby can do the creepy old mans voice from Family Guy lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN