Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well this is depressing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh went back to our hometown for two weeks to visit and regroup after losing his job. Well, next week is Thanksgiving and he will be with his family which is awesome it will improve his mood. But, i'm kind of sad because I will be here alone and working all day on Thanksgiving. I really hoped I would be with him and his family. Oh well! Anyone else alone for Thanksgiving?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jess0915
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I'm sorry hun. :( That really stinks! My DH is driving in for Thanksgiving. He's currently working TX and the kids and I are in MO. I'm looking forward to seeing him, it will be a month since we saw him last when he gets here.

harpsichord
by Helena Handbasket on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Not thanksgiving but I will be on Christmas :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't be alone but we moved away from all our family last year so DH, DS and I will be spending Thanksgiving with just the 3 of us. I don't even think we are going to cook a turkey because we are trying to budget for Christmas and baby girl who will be here the week after Christmas. 

Congrats on the baby! I bet you miss all of your other family though. 

lincolnlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Not alone. My kids and I are going to my moms. But dh has to work. It just doesn't feel like a holiday without him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

Oh thats a bummer, i wouldve been mad at my dh for leaving me and going to his families, im suppose to be the one he goes to for support! sad..

I am kind of mad, but he was having a hard time and he needed some time to relax. He does come to me, but since I work all the time i'm not much help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I was alone all day last Thanksgiving. I went to the bar and got decently drunk and didn't pay for a dime of it. A friend of mine's family had pissed her off so she left her family dinner and drug me to the bar with her. Lol. 
I wish I hadn't gone now because I was pregnant and didn't know it. (I would have only been about a week along). My baby is perfectly healthy and beautiful but I still feel shitty about it. :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Quoting Jess0915:

I'm sorry hun. :( That really stinks! My DH is driving in for Thanksgiving. He's currently working TX and the kids and I are in MO. I'm looking forward to seeing him, it will be a month since we saw him last when he gets here.

Oh i'm glad you finally get to see him! A month can seem like forever, especially with kids!

mom-2-4boys
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Sorry your not going to be with your family, I won't be alone as family is coming over for me to make dinner for...the problem is my 2 older boys are not going to be here and I really don't want to even have a Thanksgiving dinner :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Quoting RLT2:

Aww, can't you go there?

No, I work every day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Quoting harpsichord:

Not thanksgiving but I will be on Christmas :(

That's even worse! Why will you be alone on Christmas?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured