Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well this is depressing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh went back to our hometown for two weeks to visit and regroup after losing his job. Well, next week is Thanksgiving and he will be with his family which is awesome it will improve his mood. But, i'm kind of sad because I will be here alone and working all day on Thanksgiving. I really hoped I would be with him and his family. Oh well! Anyone else alone for Thanksgiving?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Replies (121-126):
HisMommy4Ever
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow that's sad. But no, I won't be alone. Though in 4 years I have never spent Thanksgiving with my SO. He has always worked on that day (he works at Walmart) and then does overtime for Black Friday. I will spend it with my family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quoting Wright68:

I won't be alone. But, my husband is deployed. I will be lonely.

I hate that he's gone for all if these holidays.

Deployments suck. At least i'm pretty sure they will! Dh gets deployed next year :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am alone for thanksgiving.  My daughter is going to her dads.  And to add insult to injury I will be alone (working all day) tomorrow--my 40th birthday.  Now, that is depressing.  FML.

I'm having a baby a week from thanksgiving. I have no one to be at my c section and no one to drive me home.. I'm thinking I might not be able to keep the baby and really depressing bc my 9 yo daughter doesn't understand and crying about it.I'm obviously already sad..

Hang in there mama! You can do this. Do you have any family or friends around at all? Talk to the hospital, they may have a way to help you get home safely. Hugs, wish I could do more to help!

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I have a very small family. I'm putting together and "orphan thanksgiving". I work with a lot of college students, some of whom cannot go home, so I give them a place to eat. We will play games and watch a movie. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a very small family. I'm putting together and "orphan thanksgiving". I work with a lot of college students, some of whom cannot go home, so I give them a place to eat. We will play games and watch a movie. 

That's awesome! You rock and I bet that helps them so much. College is stressful as it is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

well my mom is watching my kids while I'm in hospital but its 45 min away. She is single and my grandma with Alzheimers and dementia. lives with her and my little brother who is 10 has autism with lots of difficult behaviors and low functioning. Then to make things worse my son is 11 almost 12 has special needs. He is tube fed and in diapers, non-verbal, physically and mentally handicapped. So she will have her hands full. I will be getting home health aid after I come home from c section so they can bathe my son.My almost 10 year old daughter will go to my moms too and can help a little. Just she can't physically take all of them in the car to visit and I wouldn't expect her too either. My babys dad went to.prison when I was 7 weeks pregnant and his family lives hours away and all have their own issues. They don't even call or text. Maybe for the best though. I don't need more stress. They were calling me before but not to help just to complain I don't send any money to their brother or visit him. I'm single with two kids and a baby on the way. I can't afford to take money from my kids to help him buy candy and what not. My kids deserve every penny I have, not him! In my family we always put the kids first. Adults don't come before kids.. in his family they always do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)