Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well this is depressing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh went back to our hometown for two weeks to visit and regroup after losing his job. Well, next week is Thanksgiving and he will be with his family which is awesome it will improve his mood. But, i'm kind of sad because I will be here alone and working all day on Thanksgiving. I really hoped I would be with him and his family. Oh well! Anyone else alone for Thanksgiving?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM
I'll be with my son for the festivities on Christmas Eve, then for Christmas day he's going to be with his dad. My boyfriend will be about an hour away with his family, and I'm not ready to meet them yet, nor am I ready for him to meet my son. So no company for me but I guess it's not the end of the world. Next Christmas season should be better I'm hoping

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting harpsichord:

Not thanksgiving but I will be on Christmas :(

That's even worse! Why will you be alone on Christmas?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anariama
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Ill be alone for three days. DH is taking the kids with him to the in-laws. I shall lay in bed and sleep all day on Thanksgiving and my birthday:D

chaoticmess
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Why would he leave you alone on Thanksgiving? and i would goto a friends house girl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I was alone last year while my husband was working. I also chose to be alone after turning down generous offers from people for me to join them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mamacough:

Well at least its not Christmas. :)

Exactly! I won't have any weight gain from a huge meal :)

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM

you could always help at a soup kitchen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM

We usually spend all morning together I work from 2-10pm. He does feel bad, neither of us realized it was Thanksgiving next week. It not bad though, next time I need a break to go hang out with my girlfriends, he can't complain about it!

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

but there had to be sometime in the day for you two.. he doesnt feel bad for leaving you? and through thanksgiving? regardless if you work or not, you two are a family and he shouldve stayed with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

Oh thats a bummer, i wouldve been mad at my dh for leaving me and going to his families, im suppose to be the one he goes to for support! sad..

I am kind of mad, but he was having a hard time and he needed some time to relax. He does come to me, but since I work all the time i'm not much help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Well you will have a whole day to yourself to do whatever you want :) 

Quoting harpsichord:

I'll be with my son for the festivities on Christmas Eve, then for Christmas day he's going to be with his dad. My boyfriend will be about an hour away with his family, and I'm not ready to meet them yet, nor am I ready for him to meet my son. So no company for me but I guess it's not the end of the world. Next Christmas season should be better I'm hoping

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting harpsichord:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Quoting squeekers:

you could always help at a soup kitchen

oh! That is an excellent idea!

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM
True!

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you will have a whole day to yourself to do whatever you want :) 

Quoting harpsichord:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting harpsichord:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN