Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well this is depressing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Dh went back to our hometown for two weeks to visit and regroup after losing his job. Well, next week is Thanksgiving and he will be with his family which is awesome it will improve his mood. But, i'm kind of sad because I will be here alone and working all day on Thanksgiving. I really hoped I would be with him and his family. Oh well! Anyone else alone for Thanksgiving?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
fostermomoftwo
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Thats true, i love having girls day out, havent had one in a while, since ive moved, bummer!

Quoting Anonymous:

We usually spend all morning together I work from 2-10pm. He does feel bad, neither of us realized it was Thanksgiving next week. It not bad though, next time I need a break to go hang out with my girlfriends, he can't complain about it!

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

but there had to be sometime in the day for you two.. he doesnt feel bad for leaving you? and through thanksgiving? regardless if you work or not, you two are a family and he shouldve stayed with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

Oh thats a bummer, i wouldve been mad at my dh for leaving me and going to his families, im suppose to be the one he goes to for support! sad..

I am kind of mad, but he was having a hard time and he needed some time to relax. He does come to me, but since I work all the time i'm not much help.

lucky to have the best husband in the world

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quoting chaoticmess:

Why would he leave you alone on Thanksgiving? and i would goto a friends house girl

We didn't realize that he would be gone on Thanksgiving. He left to visit family and friends for two weeks. I moved far away from all my friends and although my sister is close, she is headed to her in-laws for thanksgiving.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Next time I'm with my sister, we are going to watch magic mike. Should be interesting! lol

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

Thats true, i love having girls day out, havent had one in a while, since ive moved, bummer!

Quoting Anonymous:

We usually spend all morning together I work from 2-10pm. He does feel bad, neither of us realized it was Thanksgiving next week. It not bad though, next time I need a break to go hang out with my girlfriends, he can't complain about it!

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

but there had to be sometime in the day for you two.. he doesnt feel bad for leaving you? and through thanksgiving? regardless if you work or not, you two are a family and he shouldve stayed with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

Oh thats a bummer, i wouldve been mad at my dh for leaving me and going to his families, im suppose to be the one he goes to for support! sad..

I am kind of mad, but he was having a hard time and he needed some time to relax. He does come to me, but since I work all the time i'm not much help.

BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I probably will be... I refuse to go to either families for dinner this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Quoting BEXi:

May I ask why? 

Bittysmama
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Yup I will be at work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM

My family is full of fake assholes. I found out recently how they all truly feel about me so I am not wasting my gas, time and energy to drive and eat at a place where I am not wanted.

Same with my SO's family, they dont like me.. not sure why besides the fact that I "burdened" their son with my two children.. My SO claims my kids as his. He loves them so much and he is the SAHD. They think I am forcing him to "hold back" his life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BEXi:

May I ask why? 

chaoticmess
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM
can you try going with your sister . offer to make a dish . i hate to see you alone on thanksgiving . good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chaoticmess:

Why would he leave you alone on Thanksgiving? and i would goto a friends house girl

We didn't realize that he would be gone on Thanksgiving. He left to visit family and friends for two weeks. I moved far away from all my friends and although my sister is close, she is headed to her in-laws for thanksgiving.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry momma. :( My family is fighting for the most part so I think we will stay home this year. There is no point in hurting some family members feelings and ultimately getting myself involved in their squabbles. I'd rather have a peaceful holiday :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry your whole family is full of assholes! I have two brothers and a dad who are assholes, but I told them to fuck of long ago. It's worked great. Does your SO's family know that it was his choice to be a SAHD? 

Quoting BEXi:

My family is full of fake assholes. I found out recently how they all truly feel about me so I am not wasting my gas, time and energy to drive and eat at a place where I am not wanted.

Same with my SO's family, they dont like me.. not sure why besides the fact that I "burdened" their son with my two children.. My SO claims my kids as his. He loves them so much and he is the SAHD. They think I am forcing him to "hold back" his life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BEXi:

May I ask why? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured