Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some of you just don't get it... (yes another secession post.)

Posted by   + Show Post

I know some are getting sick of reading and hearing about this, so of course you have the right to not read or read and explain just how sick of it you are lol. 

I think some are not quite getting it though. It is not about not wanting to be an American anymore. No where is anyone saying that they don't want to be an American by signing or even making these petitions. It is individuals that are making the petitions, and these individuals have nothing to do with the actual state's government that they are making the petitions for. What it is all about is the people getting sick of how the government is running things. Over the years American citizens have been given less and less chances to really say how they feel. We are given things to vote on, but when you have to start voting on the lesser of the two evils on things, it is kind of pointless. We are giving choices that are made by the government, not by the people. The petitions are trying to show the government that the people are fed up with the way things are being run. Not about actually leaving America, but about making a point. Telling them hey, we don't like the way this country is being run, we want something done about it. Over the years we have just went with how things are, and now it is time to take a stand and say this is enough. We can not continue to live like this. We want something different. We want things to be better. We want our voices to be heard. 

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I am so happy to see someone who gets it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Lol isn't there always a theme in this group?

Quoting harpsichord:

I sense a theme today.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I imagine this is how the English felt when they decided to leave and come over here. Tired of the government.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Hmm should I have made that clear in my orignal post? I figured since I said the government people wouldn't confuse it with the fact of whether or not the state was red or blue or try to say that I am saying it is because Obama was re-elected. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And OP may I add that it's not whether you're living in a Red or Blue state or who you voted for, but about the federal government as a whole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

You know you have to make things clear around here or they'll twist your words around. lol

Quoting ashleymosq:

Hmm should I have made that clear in my orignal post? I figured since I said the government people wouldn't confuse it with the fact of whether or not the state was red or blue or try to say that I am saying it is because Obama was re-elected. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And OP may I add that it's not whether you're living in a Red or Blue state or who you voted for, but about the federal government as a whole.

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Signing a "petition" is drastic? 

Quoting ashleymosq:

Sometimes it takes something drastic to finally get the attention that is needed to correct a problem.

Quoting km1970:

Maybe instead of signing petitions, the people that have problems with the government should run for office themselves. Get involved with local and state politics. Become a voice for change instead of a random name on an internet petition.

curlycupcake
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM
3 moms liked this
I completely agree with you, op. our choices are getting worse and worse. It's not about republicans or democrats, Obama or Romney. It's about corrupt government from the ground up. It's about lobbyists & big business who have their fingers in every single pot. It's about the actual needs of the citizens not being met. I for one, am sick of it. I want better for my kids & my family. I don't want to leave. I want here to be right. I'm both patriotic and disillusioned. Unfortunately, what really scares me is how revolutionary all this actually sounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fostermomoftwo
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM
3 moms liked this

very true, if we all banned together we could actually over throw the government and start all over again. The government doesnt give us choices they do what they wanna do. I def get that, ive thought about this in the past when the house of senates sat on the first time home buyers bill for 6 months 'just because' and skrewed dh and I and several other million people. ugh. couldnt believe that they only work like 3 days a week and if theres a holiday in that week god forbid them work it. lazy, lazy, lazy and here we are everyone is working there butt off just to have a roof over there head. It's very one sided and ive def had enough of it.

We want to be heard and we havent.

lucky to have the best husband in the world

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Blah blah blah.

Funny how every president BEFORE obama has done shit people.dont agree with but yet there were not petitions.

The president has to go up against.......

Nvm falling on deaf ears
ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Very true lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know you have to make things clear around here or they'll twist your words around. lol

Quoting ashleymosq:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN