Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some of you just don't get it... (yes another secession post.)

Posted by   + Show Post

I know some are getting sick of reading and hearing about this, so of course you have the right to not read or read and explain just how sick of it you are lol. 

I think some are not quite getting it though. It is not about not wanting to be an American anymore. No where is anyone saying that they don't want to be an American by signing or even making these petitions. It is individuals that are making the petitions, and these individuals have nothing to do with the actual state's government that they are making the petitions for. What it is all about is the people getting sick of how the government is running things. Over the years American citizens have been given less and less chances to really say how they feel. We are given things to vote on, but when you have to start voting on the lesser of the two evils on things, it is kind of pointless. We are giving choices that are made by the government, not by the people. The petitions are trying to show the government that the people are fed up with the way things are being run. Not about actually leaving America, but about making a point. Telling them hey, we don't like the way this country is being run, we want something done about it. Over the years we have just went with how things are, and now it is time to take a stand and say this is enough. We can not continue to live like this. We want something different. We want things to be better. We want our voices to be heard. 

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
IhartU
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Until Conservatives stop being tight-ass, religious bigots nothing is going to change. That's right- this isn't 1950 and  it's never going to be again, so you might as well stop wishing for it and move the hell on. Woman have voices and want equal pay and respect, control of their own bodies and that includes being able to have an abortion if they want one, gay people do exist and they deserve to be treated like human being regardless of what you think your holy book says and poor people are not going away- they've been here since time began and will continue to be here and it's not more dignified for them to beg on street corners and at church doors for handouts than to get Government help. Oh, and not everyone is a Christian, wants to be one or needs to be one; we are not a Christian nation, your beliefs are not under attack and stop acting like you own the Country and want are better than those who are not of your faith. So your man lost the election big fucking deal- stop blaming Obama for everything that's wrong and chuck some of that blame onto Congress and yourselves will you?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:25 PM

it doesnt matter the assumption of the states listed is based on assumptions. I dont buy it.

Quoting ashleymosq:

It was just one person that makes the petition. Not someone in the government, just some individual. Then other individuals sign it. The petitions are not a product of the state's government.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Let me tell you something. Montana was one of the states listed this is not even close to being true. Its absolute BULLSHIT that montana is asking to be departed as part of the United States of America.

MONTANA may well be angry about the insurance and health care associated with the Obamacare and trying to elect not to participate, that I will buy.

But to divide I CALL BULLSHIT and I can prove it.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

ashleymosq
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:31 PM

What I posted had nothing to do with who won the election. It has to do with the fact that the American people are sick of this country being run into the ground. I mean this country has gone to crap. It is about the fact that the government is corrupt. If you look at the list of states that are in these petitions, there are red states and blue states... So it is not about the fact that Obama was re-elected (for some it is, but not all). 

As for me personally, I didn't vote. I also have not signed any of the petitions. 

Quoting IhartU:

Until Conservatives stop being tight-ass, religious bigots nothing is going to change. That's right- this isn't 1950 and  it's never going to be again, so you might as well stop wishing for it and move the hell on. Woman have voices and want equal pay and respect, control of their own bodies and that includes being able to have an abortion if they want one, gay people do exist and they deserve to be treated like human being regardless of what you think your holy book says and poor people are not going away- they've been here since time began and will continue to be here and it's not more dignified for them to beg on street corners and at church doors for handouts than to get Government help. Oh, and not everyone is a Christian, wants to be one or needs to be one; we are not a Christian nation, your beliefs are not under attack and stop acting like you own the Country and want are better than those who are not of your faith. So your man lost the election big fucking deal- stop blaming Obama for everything that's wrong and chuck some of that blame onto Congress and yourselves will you?

lilbit53009
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:31 PM

why wasn't this done before a week ago then? these people waited to see who would be elected for to start the petitions?

a coincidence???

Quoting ashleymosq:

Yes there are some that are doing it for that reason too. But I know a lot of people that are signing it because of the fact that our government is running the country into the ground.

Quoting thatgirl70:

Eh, the people I know that support it are doing it because they're pissed Obama got elected, and rather than accept it, they're throwing a hissy fit, plain and simple. 

lilbit53009
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

and you're missing the point that its not the states doing it. if it were the states petitioning then the whole red and blue state thing would maybe stand.

it's the people in each of those states that are mad Romney lost that are signing them.

yes there is the minority who are thinking like your post and just signing because they want change either way. but the main reason these petitions were started is because Obama got re-elected and Romney's supporters are upset and acting like Children. 

if not...this would have happened months or even years ago

Quoting ashleymosq:

What I posted had nothing to do with who won the election. It has to do with the fact that the American people are sick of this country being run into the ground. I mean this country has gone to crap. It is about the fact that the government is corrupt. If you look at the list of states that are in these petitions, there are red states and blue states... So it is not about the fact that Obama was re-elected (for some it is, but not all). 

As for me personally, I didn't vote. I also have not signed any of the petitions. 

Quoting IhartU:

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Honestly, I don't care what reasons people have for doing it. I think it's stupid, childish, and shows a very "anti-American" attitude. I'm glad nobody from my state has participated in this BS.

ashleymosq
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I am not denying the fact that a lot of people are making and signing these petitions because of who won, I am just saying that the main focus is not because of who won. It is about the fact that our government has been making things worse and worse over the years. Maybe all it took was for some to get pissed about who won the election to get the ball rolling and for others to stand up as well and do it for what they believe in.

Quoting lilbit53009:

and you're missing the point that its not the states doing it. if it were the states petitioning then the whole red and blue state thing would maybe stand.

it's the people in each of those states that are mad Romney lost that are signing them.

yes there is the minority who are thinking like your post and just signing because they want change either way. but the main reason these petitions were started is because Obama got re-elected and Romney's supporters are upset and acting like Children. 

if not...this would have happened months or even years ago

Quoting ashleymosq:

Quoting IhartU:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM
The same reason people are regretting the whole Obamacare thing...they thought it was just magically going to work out.

Quoting lilbit53009:

why wasn't this done before a week ago then? these people waited to see who would be elected for to start the petitions?

a coincidence???

Quoting ashleymosq:

Yes there are some that are doing it for that reason too. But I know a lot of people that are signing it because of the fact that our government is running the country into the ground.

Quoting thatgirl70:

Eh, the people I know that support it are doing it because they're pissed Obama got elected, and rather than accept it, they're throwing a hissy fit, plain and simple. 

lilbit53009
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM
well hasn't it not even started yet?... I've been living with essentially the exact same plan for years, and it works fine. its actually the only good thing romney did for my state as governor.

Quoting Anonymous:

The same reason people are regretting the whole Obamacare thing...they thought it was just magically going to work out.

Quoting lilbit53009:

a coincidence???

Quoting ashleymosq:

Quoting thatgirl70:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

No, you see by stating that you want to secede from the USA you are by DEFINITION stating that that you do not want to be an American anymore, as in you do not want to be part of the United States of America. By signing a petition stating that you want your state to leave and start its own government, you are stating that you want to renounce your American citizenship in exchange for citizenship in the Republic of Texas or Montana or wherever. That is what secession fucking means. I mean, that's like a man saying "I want to resign my membership from the Shriners, and go start a new lodge order, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be Shriner anymore."  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)