Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast feeding picture?!

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 301 Replies
7 moms liked this

I was a breast feeding mother. My children are now 4 and 7 but I was very adamant about anywhere I went was appropriate for breast feeding (with the exception of church, except in a private room) as long as I was well covered, etc. Earlier today I saw someone's profile pic of her baby with the boob in the baby's mouth.. Breast feeding is an amazing thing, it's great for your baby, it's great for your bond, BUT just as I don't want to see you whipping your saggy boobs out at a restuarant, I don't want to see a picture of it either.. How embarrassing and inappropriate!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM
17 moms liked this
So... Don't look.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM
34 moms liked this
What's embarrassing.....is that you, as a mother.....take issue with a bare breast.

Seriously.....get over it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fitnessdanielle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this

It's one of those things where I have to take a double take and make sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.. I'm just wondering what's the point? Is it shock factor? Attention? I just don't get how any grown woman thinks it's acceptable to post that on social media.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

So... Don't look.

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I don't get it.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM
24 moms liked this
How appalling! Have they no respect??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM
10 moms liked this
The only reason I think negatively of nursing pictures is that, to me, nursing is a very special and private moment. It seems strange to have them as profile pics or to post them to fb.

I realize there are moms on here who do that and I'm not trying to be judgy or offensive. Just my opinion on why I think it's weird to share.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fitnessdanielle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My only issue with bare breasts is that they should be covered.

Quoting atyou:

What's embarrassing.....is that you, as a mother.....take issue with a bare breast.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Quoting fitnessdanielle:

It's one of those things where I have to take a double take and make sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.. I'm just wondering what's the point? Is it shock factor? Attention? I just don't get how any grown woman thinks it's acceptable to post that on social media.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

So... Don't look.

Because it ist groas to them.

Btw, i nurse anywhere i want. And, i dont use a cover. That makes my kid want to play, and imo, looks like you are nursing. Ive never had anyone notice i was nursing unless i covered.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting fitnessdanielle:

My only issue with bare breasts is that they should be covered.

Quoting atyou:

So, the issue is that it is bare. That means, your issue is the whole thing lol. 

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't look. Problem solved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured