Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how absolutely rude!! smokers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
1 mom liked this
Well im about 37 weeks pregnant and im HUGE with this baby. The problem is im also very short, so i can no longer drive my car without my stomach being on the steering wheel. I dont feel safe or comfy like that so i try not to drive unless absolutely necessary. Im in the bus depot coming back from the drs, just waiting on line for the bus. Now the depot is upstairs and tech outside as itlooks like a garage but there are no smoking signs everywhere. The man next to me in line lights up a cigarette and is puffing away. The smoke is blowing in my face and im coughing and swatting at the smoke trying to fan it away. I look over and say, "excuse me sir. This is a no smoking area and im pregnant. Do you mind moving off the line or out of the depot please?" The man cussed me out and told me that he didnt give a shit if there was a no smoking sign there..that the depot is above ground and he'll smoke if he wants. I just didn't have it in me to argue. So i got off the line and found a transit employee that asked him to leave or put it out or else he would get a transit officer to issue a ticket. He gave me such a horrible look..but HELLO it says NO SMOKING IN BUS TERMINAL!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angy129
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM

That was rude. 

CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Better than me. I would have told him I would put the motherfucking cigarette out in his eye.

He didn't need to cuss at you. He shouldn't have been smoking there in the first place. And you asked nicely.

Smcclellan7080
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM

That was incredibly rude of him.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM
5 moms liked this

I wish they would just ban it all together like crack lol

atyou
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
You've gotta pick your battles, babe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Rude. Don't worry there will eventually be no smoking in public at all. We just have to wait.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Normally, i wouldve been way worse. Im some what of what i like to call "spirited" lol but im just soooooooo huge and tired and my feet and back are killing me. I just didn't have the energy to argue. Besides, if i asked nicely and he cussed me out, he was likely to hit me for all i knew.

Quoting CaptainCookie:

Better than me. I would have told him I would put the motherfucking cigarette out in his eye.

He didn't need to cuss at you. He shouldn't have been smoking there in the first place. And you asked nicely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:43 PM
See i normally wouldnt care if i was just passing momentarily, but standing right next to me and its going in my face?!? Yea i couldnt stand it.

Quoting beerebelly:

Rude. Don't worry there will eventually be no smoking in public at all. We just have to wait.

Kennadismom
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
As a smoker I hate to see this stuff. Not everyone chooses to smoke and if it clearly says Mon smoking and you're pregnant that should have been respected I would have flipped
CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM

True and you sure dont want that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Normally, i wouldve been way worse. Im some what of what i like to call "spirited" lol but im just soooooooo huge and tired and my feet and back are killing me. I just didn't have the energy to argue. Besides, if i asked nicely and he cussed me out, he was likely to hit me for all i knew.

Quoting CaptainCookie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)