Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how absolutely rude!! smokers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Well im about 37 weeks pregnant and im HUGE with this baby. The problem is im also very short, so i can no longer drive my car without my stomach being on the steering wheel. I dont feel safe or comfy like that so i try not to drive unless absolutely necessary. Im in the bus depot coming back from the drs, just waiting on line for the bus. Now the depot is upstairs and tech outside as itlooks like a garage but there are no smoking signs everywhere. The man next to me in line lights up a cigarette and is puffing away. The smoke is blowing in my face and im coughing and swatting at the smoke trying to fan it away. I look over and say, "excuse me sir. This is a no smoking area and im pregnant. Do you mind moving off the line or out of the depot please?" The man cussed me out and told me that he didnt give a shit if there was a no smoking sign there..that the depot is above ground and he'll smoke if he wants. I just didn't have it in me to argue. So i got off the line and found a transit employee that asked him to leave or put it out or else he would get a transit officer to issue a ticket. He gave me such a horrible look..but HELLO it says NO SMOKING IN BUS TERMINAL!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Yeah because more Government control is just what we need. Lets invite them in to control what goes on in our homes as well! I for one am not intelligent enough to decide for myself what is harmful and what is safe. Sure!!!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I wish they would just ban it all together like crack lol

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Apparently not if you're smoking around others.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah because more Government control is just what we need. Lets invite them in to control what goes on in our homes as well! I for one am not intelligent enough to decide for myself what is harmful and what is safe. Sure!!!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Good for you! I would have done the same thing. Rude ass people.

MamaSwan001
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM

That was very rude! Good for you moma

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

And you, my dear, are the reason that all of us POLITE smokers get looked at like assholes. If you're smoking in a place that is plastered with "no smoking" signs, then YOU are in the wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh for fucks sake. . No one made you get pregnant, and you get no special consideration from me about my smoking just because you are pregnant. Hold your breath or move away from the smoke. Inhaling one breath of secondhand smoke, while it may be unpleasant, isn't gonna kill you cupcake. I would have cussed you out to.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My town just became a non-smoking town.  I LOVE it!!!  I went out to the bar last weekend and didnt come home smelling like a nasty ashtray!! We dont have to smell it in restaurants anymore either.  Smoking sections no longer exist!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM

As a smoker, this drives me crazy. I don't smoke out in public around a bunch of people. I wait until I get home, and smoke outside in my yard. Or if we're outside for a long time, I walk until there aren't any people around me and then smoke. Just because I want to smoke doesn't mean everyone around me wants to.

catholicmamamia
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Yes.. very rude! 

Quoting notjstanothrmom: Good for you! I would have done the same thing. Rude ass people.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM

And where do you get the ASSumption I am smoking around others? Lets have in home child moniters too so that we can make sure there is no abuse. The American people can't handle themselves.

I was raised to move away from things that bother me instead of bitching about it.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Apparently not if you're smoking around others.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Lmao!!!! Awww how cute. Well no one told him to smoke in a no smoking area where it says, "subject to fine by transit police". So neeneeneer! Oh and fyi i smoked up until 6 yrs ago..so maybe you can read myreply when i said i wouldnt have cared if it wasnt in the bus depot with almost every exhale in my face. So no i dont need your consideration but i bet you dont want a ticket just as much he didnt want one. Thats why he put it out and all he could do was look at me cause he was in the wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh for fucks sake. . No one made you get pregnant, and you get no special consideration from me about my smoking just because you are pregnant. Hold your breath or move away from the smoke. Inhaling one breath of secondhand smoke, while it may be unpleasant, isn't gonna kill you cupcake. I would have cussed you out to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN