Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how absolutely rude!! smokers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Well im about 37 weeks pregnant and im HUGE with this baby. The problem is im also very short, so i can no longer drive my car without my stomach being on the steering wheel. I dont feel safe or comfy like that so i try not to drive unless absolutely necessary. Im in the bus depot coming back from the drs, just waiting on line for the bus. Now the depot is upstairs and tech outside as itlooks like a garage but there are no smoking signs everywhere. The man next to me in line lights up a cigarette and is puffing away. The smoke is blowing in my face and im coughing and swatting at the smoke trying to fan it away. I look over and say, "excuse me sir. This is a no smoking area and im pregnant. Do you mind moving off the line or out of the depot please?" The man cussed me out and told me that he didnt give a shit if there was a no smoking sign there..that the depot is above ground and he'll smoke if he wants. I just didn't have it in me to argue. So i got off the line and found a transit employee that asked him to leave or put it out or else he would get a transit officer to issue a ticket. He gave me such a horrible look..but HELLO it says NO SMOKING IN BUS TERMINAL!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (51-60):
eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Quoting CaptainCookie:

Better than me. I would have told him I would put the motherfucking cigarette out in his eye.

He didn't need to cuss at you. He shouldn't have been smoking there in the first place. And you asked nicely.

You sound really classy:)

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM

No one is talking about what goes on in anyones home. Just public areas, stop being such a drama queen.

Quoting ColleenF30:

And where do you get the ASSumption I am smoking around others? Lets have in home child moniters too so that we can make sure there is no abuse. The American people can't handle themselves.

I was raised to move away from things that bother me instead of bitching about it.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Apparently not if you're smoking around others.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah because more Government control is just what we need. Lets invite them in to control what goes on in our homes as well! I for one am not intelligent enough to decide for myself what is harmful and what is safe. Sure!!!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I wish they would just ban it all together like crack lol

elizabeth.mary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Not all smokers are rude like that.

I smoke and I would definitely not smoke where smoke isn't allowed No matter how much I wished I could have one, it's my fault for not smoking before hand and just having to suck it up until I get somewhere that I can smoke.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I dislike it when people ask to smoke in my car. I'm like wtf, no? I don't want a stinky car from that shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM

GOOD FOR YOU OP!!! I'm so glad you did NOT just stand there and continue to breathe that NASTY cigarette smoke!! I cannot stand being around cigarette smoke--when I am pregnant or not!! It is SO GROSS and SMELLY!! One of the BEST days of my life was when they made it a LAW in my state that you CANNOT smoke inside of public places! Also, you cannot smoke within 25 feet of any entrance to a public building either!!! That smoker was being a TOTAL DOUCHE who I'm SURE only cares about HIMSELF!!!

CaptainCookie
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Yup :)

Quoting eviesmom453:

Quoting CaptainCookie:

Better than me. I would have told him I would put the motherfucking cigarette out in his eye.

He didn't need to cuss at you. He shouldn't have been smoking there in the first place. And you asked nicely.

You sound really classy:)

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Now exactly which part is being a drama queen? Some states they have banned smoking with children in cars...inside the car that is...the next logical step is inside the home. I am only stating what is logical to our government. It is coming. They more control you hand off the less you will be allowed to have. It has been proven over history. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

No one is talking about what goes on in anyones home. Just public areas, stop being such a drama queen.

Quoting ColleenF30:

And where do you get the ASSumption I am smoking around others? Lets have in home child moniters too so that we can make sure there is no abuse. The American people can't handle themselves.

I was raised to move away from things that bother me instead of bitching about it.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah because more Government control is just what we need. Lets invite them in to control what goes on in our homes as well! I for one am not intelligent enough to decide for myself what is harmful and what is safe. Sure!!!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM
It is a law here as well. It says on the sign that its punishable by a fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

GOOD FOR YOU OP!!! I'm so glad you did NOT just stand there and continue to breathe that NASTY cigarette smoke!! I cannot stand being around cigarette smoke--when I am pregnant or not!! It is SO GROSS and SMELLY!! One of the BEST days of my life was when they made it a LAW in my state that you CANNOT smoke inside of public places! Also, you cannot smoke within 25 feet of any entrance to a public building either!!! That smoker was being a TOTAL DOUCHE who I'm SURE only cares about HIMSELF!!!

TarantulaTress
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I smoke and I despise ignorant people like that. It's not going to kill me to wait until I'm in the position to pollute my own lungs. People choose NOT to smoke for a reason and I have to respect that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Yeah I know...no one should ever compromise with anyone. We wonder why this Country is in the shape it is in. Fucking entitlement age." I don't have to do anything because you sinners should have to bow to me". reminds be of the bitch my Father used to work with when she would flop down on her ass and say "I don't have to work as hard as you boys".

Heaven forbid someone not bitch and move aside...saves too many problems.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Why should the one choosing NOT to inhale harmful substances into their lungs have to walk away? 

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured