Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how absolutely rude!! smokers

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Well im about 37 weeks pregnant and im HUGE with this baby. The problem is im also very short, so i can no longer drive my car without my stomach being on the steering wheel. I dont feel safe or comfy like that so i try not to drive unless absolutely necessary. Im in the bus depot coming back from the drs, just waiting on line for the bus. Now the depot is upstairs and tech outside as itlooks like a garage but there are no smoking signs everywhere. The man next to me in line lights up a cigarette and is puffing away. The smoke is blowing in my face and im coughing and swatting at the smoke trying to fan it away. I look over and say, "excuse me sir. This is a no smoking area and im pregnant. Do you mind moving off the line or out of the depot please?" The man cussed me out and told me that he didnt give a shit if there was a no smoking sign there..that the depot is above ground and he'll smoke if he wants. I just didn't have it in me to argue. So i got off the line and found a transit employee that asked him to leave or put it out or else he would get a transit officer to issue a ticket. He gave me such a horrible look..but HELLO it says NO SMOKING IN BUS TERMINAL!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (81-90):
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Very poor comparison, here's why HONEY:

In one scenario (OP's post) you have somebody lighting up where there are signs clearly saying smoking is not allowed. Breastfeeding in public is protected by the law in most states. 

Try again :)

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL...we can't all be people-pleasers, "honey". So when I see someone with their titty popped out in public, which nauseates me as it is, whether you are feeding your baby or not, I should call the cops? Right? Because it offends me, I don't persoanlly like it, and it's dangerous to my health because if I get too nauseous, I will vomit, and then perhaps slip in it. Not to mention all the poor other people vomiting out of refles from me vomiting...LMAO.....

Quoting briansmommy2010:

LOL whatever honey. The best part is that *gasp* I smoke, and I still feel like the SMOKER should be the one to be respectful and walk away from those that don't want second hand smoke in their face.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah I know...no one should ever compromise with anyone. We wonder why this Country is in the shape it is in. Fucking entitlement age." I don't have to do anything because you sinners should have to bow to me". reminds be of the bitch my Father used to work with when she would flop down on her ass and say "I don't have to work as hard as you boys".

Heaven forbid someone not bitch and move aside...saves too many problems.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Why should the one choosing NOT to inhale harmful substances into their lungs have to walk away? 

Quoting ColleenF30:

And where do you get the ASSumption I am smoking around others? Lets have in home child moniters too so that we can make sure there is no abuse. The American people can't handle themselves.

I was raised to move away from things that bother me instead of bitching about it.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Apparently not if you're smoking around others.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah because more Government control is just what we need. Lets invite them in to control what goes on in our homes as well! I for one am not intelligent enough to decide for myself what is harmful and what is safe. Sure!!!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I wish they would just ban it all together like crack lol

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM
This whole thread makes you sound so angry and hostile. Such a shame.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM
No im not baiting you into anything. Im explaining why i quit because you suggested i start. Honestly i really dont care what YOUR opinion is..but i will not be called a liar in a post that was not meant to start drama. Its simple...its illegal to smoke in the bus depot. He smoked..i asked nicely for him to move..he got nasty..i still hot him to put it out. It has nothing to do with smoking in public or in the street. Yes the fact that it was next to my pregnant ass it bothered me more. It was not for anyone to shit a brick over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Calm down cupcake. Obviously you do care..or you wouldn't have threatened to report me. It's not drama, it's me expressing my opinion. And if you added that part in about your dad to bait me into saying something horrible, it won't work. I truly hate to hear that. I'ma  bitch, but not a heartless one.

Quoting Anonymous:

1) who else in here thinks im full of shit? No one. You're the only one trying to cause drama. 2) im not easily offended and honesty i couldnt give two flying fucks what you think. 3) no thanks..i quit smoking because my father died of lung cancer at the age of 61. On his death bed he asked me to quit smoking. So you are no longer interesting and im going to ignore you now.

Quoting :

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Lmao i dont care.

Quoting epoh:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Same and I never stand near non smokers. Its just rude as hell. I would have told him to shove it.

Quoting Kennadismom:

As a smoker I hate to see this stuff. Not everyone chooses to smoke and if it clearly says Mon smoking and you're pregnant that should have been respected I would have flipped
kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. :) Breastfeeding and blowing smoke in someone's face are two very different things.

Quoting briansmommy2010:

In one scenario (OP's post) you have somebody lighting up where there are signs clearly saying smoking is not allowed. Breastfeeding in public is protected by the law in most states. 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL...we can't all be people-pleasers, "honey". So when I see someone with their titty popped out in public, which nauseates me as it is, whether you are feeding your baby or not, I should call the cops? Right? Because it offends me, I don't persoanlly like it, and it's dangerous to my health because if I get too nauseous, I will vomit, and then perhaps slip in it. Not to mention all the poor other people vomiting out of refles from me vomiting...LMAO.....

Quoting briansmommy2010:

LOL whatever honey. The best part is that *gasp* I smoke, and I still feel like the SMOKER should be the one to be respectful and walk away from those that don't want second hand smoke in their face.

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah I know...no one should ever compromise with anyone. We wonder why this Country is in the shape it is in. Fucking entitlement age." I don't have to do anything because you sinners should have to bow to me". reminds be of the bitch my Father used to work with when she would flop down on her ass and say "I don't have to work as hard as you boys".

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Why should the one choosing NOT to inhale harmful substances into their lungs have to walk away? 

Quoting ColleenF30:

And where do you get the ASSumption I am smoking around others? Lets have in home child moniters too so that we can make sure there is no abuse. The American people can't handle themselves.

I was raised to move away from things that bother me instead of bitching about it.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Yeah because more Government control is just what we need. Lets invite them in to control what goes on in our homes as well! I for one am not intelligent enough to decide for myself what is harmful and what is safe. Sure!!!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM
It was a very poor comparison

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Quoting ColleenF30:

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
That is apparent to us all. In the future, should you wish to attract the attention and consideration of people to your cause, you should attempt a less aggressive approach.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao i dont care.

Quoting epoh:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM
This is not a cause. This was a single event that happened to me. Am i trying to unite non smokers against smokers? Nope. Im talking about what happened to me. I have quite a few people that aren't turning this into a huge debate that are considerate to me. So if people have an opinion of me..i dont care.

Quoting epoh:

That is apparent to us all. In the future, should you wish to attract the attention and consideration of people to your cause, you should attempt a less aggressive approach.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao i dont care.

Quoting epoh:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Very rude

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN