Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What happened to personal responsibility ??

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 73 Replies
7 moms liked this

For the love of Pete some of you women amaze me !! It is not your employer's responsibility to care for you. An employee works for an employer and that is it.  IT IS NO ONE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF YOU BUT YOUR OWN!!!! Your employer didn't make you he/she employees you , they have no obligation to you.When people in this country wake up and realize every man/ woman is responsible for taking care of themselves then and only then will things get better.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

What in the world are you referring to?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM
5 moms liked this

No one said an employer should take care of their employee, but if they can't afford to pay or provide benefits for their employee, they shouldn't be in business.

when will you realize that businesses do have a responsibility to their employees. If they want a successful business, you don't screw the people that work for you.

Luna091306
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it's not but there are some things I believe all citizens should have access to. Law enforcement, public education, and health care are a few examples. I believe for our nation to run smoothly it is important that all of our citizens are protected, educated, and healthy. Just my opinion.

sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

No one said an employer should take care of their employee, but if they can't afford to pay or provide benefits for their employee, they shouldn't be in business.

when will you realize that businesses do have a responsibility to their employees. If they want a successful business, you don't screw the people that work for you.

Why is it a responsibility of an employer to provide benefits for an employee?  My dh has a successful business and i can promise you the minute one of his employees starts expecting him to take care of their health care needs the min their ass will be out the door .There will be 10 more right there to replace him. The economy is shit and there are plenty of people out there willing to work for a paycheck and take care of themselves.  The only responsibility am employer has to an employee is to pay him for the work he or she put in. My hd ddn't make these people he has no obligation to provide for their health care needs.

Luna091306
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I think she is referring to employees providing health benefits.

Quoting Anonymous:

What in the world are you referring to?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM
4 moms liked this

I blame Obama lol

But it's been a long time coming, people think everyone else owes them something for nothing.

sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Quoting Luna091306:

No, it's not but there are some things I believe all citizens should have access to. Law enforcement, public education, and health care are a few examples. I believe for our nation to run smoothly it is important that all of our citizens are protected, educated, and healthy. Just my opinion.

I agree , but what I am saying is why do so many of you seem to think it is the employer's responsibilty to provide health care?

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband's employer pays 100% of our health insurance policy. An insured employee is a healthier, happy, productive and loyal employee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM
2 moms liked this
When will you open your eyes and realize that 1 in 3 people is diagnosed with some form of cancer. Many have chronic illnesses. Most go without medical care, because people like you, are to cheap to buy insurance and provide them with coverage. They can't afford the out of pocket expense. If you refuse to provide medical coverage, I'm sure you aren't pay much more than minimum wage. How exactly do you expect these people to pay for their own healthcare?

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it a responsibility of an employer to provide benefits for an employee?  My dh has a successful business and i can promise you the minute one of his employees starts expecting him to take care of their health care needs the min their ass will be out the door .There will be 10 more right there to replace him. The economy is shit and there are plenty of people out there willing to work for a paycheck and take care of themselves.  The only responsibility am employer has to an employee is to pay him for the work he or she put in. My hd ddn't make these people he has no obligation to provide for their health care needs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you 100%.  People who educate/train/experience themselves to a point that they are desirable employees will have the best benefits.  The rest are simply not worth the added expense, and it's a poor business model to pay such expenses.  If you want health care get yourself a job that offers it at an affordable rate.  If not, figure out how to pay for it yourself.  In both cases you are taking care of yourself--the way it should be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)