Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Angry Obama won reelection? Blame an Atheist!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Or just anyone with "no religious affiliation", according to this article. I find it interesting because many Romneyites are saying Obama only won due to AA votes, and that may not really be the group that won it for him in the end.

This is just the end of an article, click HERE to read it all.

Laurie Goodstein, writing in The New York Times, noted another demographic that worked in Obama’s favor: the failure of the so-called “Christian Right” to overcome the demographic shift even with a highly energetic campaign in favor of Romney. In an interview, R. Albert Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, said:

It’s not that our message — we think abortion is wrong, we think same-sex marriage is wrong — didn’t get out. It did get out.

It’s that the entire moral landscape has changed. An increasingly secularized America understands our positions, and has rejected them.

Such a strong showing by Obama in the election signifies a shift that cannot be denied, according to Robert P. Jones, head of left-of-center Public Religion Research Institute, who said,

This election signaled the last [one] where a white Christian strategy is workable. Barack Obama’s coalition was less than 4 in 10 white Christian. He made up for that with not only overwhelming support from the African-American and Latino community, but also with the support of the religiously unaffiliated.

It’s those with no religious affiliation who really put the president back into the White House. According to Pew, 20 percent — nearly one-fifth of the population — have no religious affiliation, while one-third of Americans aged 18-22 call themselves atheists, agnostics, or nothing at all — what pollsters call the “nones.” Seventy percent of the “nones” voted for Obama.

Future elections will no doubt increasingly be decided by women, young people, and minorities, as the greying, over-age-65 voters diminish in numbers and influence.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I'm an atheist and I didn't vote for Obama. Most of the atheists I know didn't vote for Obama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I'm an Atheist and voted for him, so did all the Atheists I know. Our individual experiences don't matter, this was polled on a larger scale.

Quoting 702girly:

I'm an atheist and I didn't vote for Obama. Most of the atheists I know didn't vote for Obama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Atheist, and voted for Obama. Mind blown, I know.
MAXnBRYCESMomma
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm an atheist, I wrote in Christopher Walken.

~Annie~

Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I am a Christian and I voted for Obama, I know other Christians that voted for Obama too. 

Kitschy
1 mom liked this

Blame me. I voted for him. I voted early and I'm an atheist. The rest of my agnostic family voted for him too. Although I think my dad is a christian.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM

LOL, he WOULD make a great POTUS!!

Quoting MAXnBRYCESMomma:

I'm an atheist, I wrote in Christopher Walken.

cLanief
im a nothing I i did NOT vote Ohama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol I went out and voted for Obama like a boss.

- Your friendly neighborhood atheist.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM
I'm an atheist and voted for Obama :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN