Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Harry Potter Fans..Riddle Me This!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 189 Replies

I am watching Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets right now. Which makes me wonder..we all know that Nagini was a horcrox. We also know Voldemort was said to be incapable of love. But he sure did protect that snake and take good care of her.

Was it because she was a horcrux or because she harbored part of his soul? A sort of self love? Maybe he only cared for her because she was a horcrux? Or do you think it was because he genuinely cared for her as a pet?

I'm also wondering..the snake was girl. So how did she harbor a male's soul? Would the male soul (a part of it) not make her a boy? lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM
8 moms liked this

holding apart of his soul wouldnt have changed the animals sex at all. His protecting her had everything to do with it harboring part of his soul and his connection to slytherin that he was fond of the snake. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM
6 moms liked this

In the last movie/book Nagini was the last Horcrux. If she died, he could then be killed. Protecting her was his way of protecting himself. He couldn't love, he wasn't capable of it. Had she not had a piece of his soul inside he wouldn't have cared for her.

Her being a female has nothing to do with it. Just like he had his sould in a ring, book, necklace, cup. All it was was a place to store a piece of himself.

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Pretty much. 

Quoting Babybear89:

holding apart of his soul wouldnt have changed the animals sex at all. His protecting her had everything to do with it harboring part of his soul and his connection to slytherin that he was fond of the snake. 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

He protected her because she held part of his souls. The final piece, as it was.  Also, The soul can not change her gender.

Jenniy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM
This

Quoting Babybear89:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I always assumed he cared for her because she was a horcrux.  As for the male/female thing, I think you're over thinking it, lol.

So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I think Nagini was the closest Voldemort ever came to love. Remember, he did put a piece of his soul in her to start with. It connected him to the thing that he loved most. But yes, he protected her because his soul was inside of her. And why the hell did they skip,'Prisoner in Azkaban'. WHY?! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM
3 moms liked this

nsrush83
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I know! They always do when they have a marathon. Makes me mad!

Quoting So_Devious20:

I think Nagini was the closest Voldemort ever came to love. Remember, he did put a piece of his soul in her to start with. It connected him to the thing that he loved most. But yes, he protected her because his soul was inside of her. And why the hell did they skip,'Prisoner in Azkaban'. WHY?! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

You mean abc family? Guess I didn't notice lol.

Quoting So_Devious20:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured