Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Harry Potter Fans..Riddle Me This!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am watching Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets right now. Which makes me wonder..we all know that Nagini was a horcrox. We also know Voldemort was said to be incapable of love. But he sure did protect that snake and take good care of her.

Was it because she was a horcrux or because she harbored part of his soul? A sort of self love? Maybe he only cared for her because she was a horcrux? Or do you think it was because he genuinely cared for her as a pet?

I'm also wondering..the snake was girl. So how did she harbor a male's soul? Would the male soul (a part of it) not make her a boy? lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Replies (131-140):
CuSukha
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Pottermore.com It is interactive pages for the books, 2-3 pages for each chapter. The 1st 2 books are out already. You get sorted in a house and you can unlock new material written by JK Rowling on  backstory about characters and different places & objects in the wizarding world.

Quoting areyouatroll:

Wait what is this 'pottermore' you speak of?!

Quoting CuSukha:

Can't argue with that lol I forgot about the tethering of life. I hope Fawkes is addressed in pottermore and we learn more about phoenixes and their powers.

Quoting So_Devious20:

But Harry did die.. remember he was somewhere in lingo of life and death after Voldemort "killed him". But the blood that Voldemort used to bring himself back to life (that he took from Harry) tethered Harry to life. Since Fawkes healed Harry he kind of put a sealant on the horcrux as well.

Quoting CuSukha:

Well thats not entirely true because he was able to come back to life after the horcrux was actually killed. I guess to me anyway its explained it wont make sense unless JK actually explained why Fawke was able to protect the horcrux from being destroyed.

Quote:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Aside from being a Horcrux, Harry was a person. remember in order for the Horcrux part of him to die, he would have had to die too. I'm pretty sure they were both dying. But Fawkes was fast and magical. But a different kind of magic..

Quoting CuSukha:

Thats one thing I think JK messed up on, horcruxes were suppose to be able to be destroyed by the basalisk but when Harry was bitten by it Fawkes was able to heal him when actually he should have already been dying like the horcruxes did.

Quoting Melanie420:

So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Hmm.. between Sirius and Hermione. Yours? And Tonks when she finally came along

Quoting CuSukha:

I jinxed it, who is your favorite character?

Quoting So_Devious20:

Me too!

Quoting CuSukha:

I'm pleasantly surprised at how long this post is going for, I could talk about Harry Potter all day lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelissaMaye
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

In the last movie/book Nagini was the last Horcrux. If she died, he could then be killed. Protecting her was his way of protecting himself. He couldn't love, he wasn't capable of it. Had she not had a piece of his soul inside he wouldn't have cared for her.

Her being a female has nothing to do with it. Just like he had his sould in a ring, book, necklace, cup. All it was was a place to store a piece of himself.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Yeah.. I know now. But never knew before..

Quoting Anonymous:

But she did marry..

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Elphinstone_Urquart

Quoting CuSukha:

Same here, I really love how each character has a backstory even if it wasn't included in the books.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM

He loved her in the way people love 'things.' She was his property. He was selfish and greedy and narcissistic. The fact that she was a snake played well to his Heir of Slytherin schtick and he was aaaaaaaaall about some Slytherin symbolism. Being the Heir, he felt it made him better than everyone else. And also, yes, because she was a part of himself. No, it would not make her a boy. :P

ms-superwoman
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I never knew people were this into Harry Potter. lol

CuSukha
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Dobby! I love that little guy, he's the only character that got a tear out of me in the movies lol

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting CuSukha:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Me too!

Quoting CuSukha:

I'm pleasantly surprised at how long this post is going for, I could talk about Harry Potter all day lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Silence, Muggle!!

Quoting ms-superwoman:

So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I loved him too! But I wanted to thump him in the head in 'chamber of secrets'. He nearly killed Harry and got him in a lot of trouble! Lol

Quoting CuSukha:

Dobby! I love that little guy, he's the only character that got a tear out of me in the movies lol

Quoting So_Devious20:

Quoting CuSukha:

Quoting So_Devious20:

Me too!

Quoting CuSukha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg. I'm obsessed. I've been reading them since the 4th grade (24 now) and have grown with them. Have a tattoo and just so in love with them.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)