Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PLEASE HELP!!- dating advice....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

I need your help!!!!

OK, so I was married for a while, and have been mostly single for 5 years. I am absolutely no good at dating, and I've been pretty happy doing the single mom thing...until now.

I met this guy. He's great. We went out for the first time two Sundays ago, and I've seen him almost every day since. When DS is in bed, he comes over. When DS is at his dad's, he sleeps over. Everything seemed to be going great....but probably a little fast. At this point, we haven't put a label on anything. We're just getting to know each other..but I like him A LOT.

He texts every morning to say good morning and usually texts throughout the day just to see how the day is going. He's been the one to initiate getting together each time we have. The only times I haven't seen him haven't seen him have been the times when he's had his DD. He slept over Sunday night, and (well IMO) the night was just about perfect. He left Monday morning and never made plans to get together again. Tonight, he had his DD but still didn't mention getting together again. My BFF told me I needed to make an effort and show him I'm as interested as he is since he's always the one asking to get together. So I texted telling him I missed him and wondering when I would get to  see him again. The answer:

"Maybe tomorrow depending on how the day goes"

So...that response just wasn't what I was hoping for...he didn't seem like he really even wanted to see me.

I nned your help girls!!! Please be honest with me...Am I too clingy? Does he seem like he's not interested all the sudden? What am I doing wrong?

I don't want to screw this up...but I guess I might have already. He's a great guy, and the first guy that I've dated who actually seems like a decent person. I tend to date jerks...I think I'm better at that :/ Please help!!! I need any advice I can get!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM

BUMP...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
F*ck and chuck
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM

BUMP...Anyone? You guys have to know more about this than me...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup.
You, my dear, were an easy piece of ass. He's done with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

F*ck and chuck
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I don't know. I doubt you messed it up. Your relationship sounds a lot like mine and my boyfriend's at first. And here we are 1.5 years later expecting a baby lol! Two people who weren't even looking for a relationship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AMDS0304
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you and him both have rushed things and moved way to fast. Your 1st date was 2 Sundays ago but he's already been staying the night? Maybe he's backing off because he realized its moving to fast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

You might be right...I suck at this...

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup.
You, my dear, were an easy piece of ass. He's done with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

F*ck and chuck

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
And he lived across the parking lot from me, and would go days without coming over. It killed me wondering wtf!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Aw that's great! I would love for that to be the case (minus the baby) for us...but I don't know. I really don't know how he feels...

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I don't know. I doubt you messed it up. Your relationship sounds a lot like mine and my boyfriend's at first. And here we are 1.5 years later expecting a baby lol! Two people who weren't even looking for a relationship.

-LadyChaos-
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Ask him. Only he knows how he feels. Instead of "wondering", ask him how he feels. End of story.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)