Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dear depo provera

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:20 PM
  • 22 Replies
Thanks for doing that thing you do where i gain a shit load of weight insomnia and vomitting....and when i stop taking you because i was so sick and kept missing doctors appointments i have every pregnancy symptom out there ( besides missed period ). Ugh....anyone else stop taking depo & just feel cruddy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSusieQ045
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I was sick as Hell on Depo! That shit is evil!
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I was on ot three years ago...gained way to much weight and was constantly sick..took 9 months for 'aunt flow' to come back... Was convinced id end up on i didn't know i was pregnant...this time vie gained 20lbs..was sick all the time. only went back on it because my doctor didn't recommend mirena for me and only other bc he feels is best is the pill ( but i already have a baby thanks to the pill ).. Ugh.

Quoting MamaSusieQ045:

I was sick as Hell on Depo! That shit is evil!

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I hated Depo. Evil shit.
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
It really is!

Quoting usmcwifey11:

I hated Depo. Evil shit.

mariesmama
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

im on it now i dont do well with pills they make me cramp too bad

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

my friend had ALL those symptoms while she was on depo...and felt better immediately after she stopped taking it

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I bled non stop for almost a year, I gained 30 lbs. Horrid. Now I have Mirena but its causing me issues as well. :(

Quoting ninjakids:

It really is!

Quoting usmcwifey11:

I hated Depo. Evil shit.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hated it. I went from 130 lbs when I started to 220 lb by the time I stopped and I was exercising 5 days per week and eating healthy meals, plus walking everywhere as I was a college student and we only had one car. As soon as I went off of it I lost the weight. I couldn't lose a pound while on it.

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Its EVIL stuff. I was on it for a yr and a half. Horrible mood swings, heart pains, leg cramps, gained 90lbs and that was a active job. My OB said he never recommends that stuff to his patients. Its bad bad bad stuff. 

ittybit2012
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I never had any problems with the Depo shot.  Everyone has different reactions to different things though.  I'm sorry you had such a hard time with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)