Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Mothers Worst Nightmare

Posted by   + Show Post
Everyday has been a living hell for me I'm constantly crying and researching and finding nothing but negative things. Everyday i hear everything is going to be alright, I'm seeing doctor after doctor hoping things will get better but no every ultrasound or every appointment there is something else wrong.. Wondering everyday day will my baby live or die i can't take anymore I'm at my wits end waiting for answers. I'm terrified of having a baby that might pass after birth. I am emotionally physically and mentally drained, i just need my baby girl to be healthy and be with me and my son now :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Replies (51-60):
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

There is ALWAYS that possiblity! Just hold on to hope. Doctors make mistakes every day!! :-)

Quoting Mommy2be517:

I am sorry to hear about your M/C, my son made his baby sister a shirt hopefully all this stuff the doctors are saying is wrong

Quoting jackieb2811:

I wish I had advice on how to do that because 2 year olds are so sensitive but at the same time he may not even remember because he is so little still. My best advice is if you ad a family memeber pass on tell him the baby went to be with them.

My friend also has a son but he is 9 and they told him today that his sister will not becoming home and he took it very hard and I knew he would he is a sensitive boy. Very sweet, very caring and I know he is upset. This was her second child since having him at 15. I know she wasn't ready for it to happen but she certainly was excited and ready for her.

I cano only say sorry because in your position I would be a total mess. I m/c last year but that does not even compare to what it would be like to go so far into a pregnancy and have to deliver a baby that may not make it or only live for a short time.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

That is awesome that they are doing well

I'm really afraid to lose my baby how do you explain to a 2 year old that his sister might pass away everyday my son Ayden ask me when is his sister going to come out of momma tummy to play with him it breaks my heart and every time he ask i fight back tears and tell him she will be here soon

Quoting jackieb2811:

It is life but, it is incredibly unfair. No matter what or how many times you hear "it will be ok" it is still the unbareable feeling and thought of saying good bye to your child. I know the feeling but never have and pray I never have to go through it.

My twins were born premature and had complications and before birth my twins had about a 35% chances of survival because I had such severe pre e. They stopped breathing several times at the hospital in the NICU it was a long 3 weeks but they are healthy 5 year olds today. I will be thinking of you both I wish you the best.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Thank you & i watched the video it's very heart breaking, i don't believe any living human or animal should have to go threw having to loose a child. I really don't believe that babies kids toddlers have to deal with such illnesses but i guess that's life

Quoting jackieb2811:

I am very sorry for your situation my best friend in the whole world basically like my sister her daughter she is pregnant with now was just diagnosed with Triploidy on Monday. It started out as just Hydrocephalus then Monday when she went to a better hospital for further tests they found so many more things and told her basically the baby will not survive. She is 35 weeks :-( It is very sad I feel like I am about to loose a niece.

There is a video on youtube about a baby born with trisomy 18 and for years now I still cry my heart out watching the video it is called '99 ballons'. It is very sweet but very sad. I pray for a good outcome for you and her.

Mommy2be517
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM
If her results come back negative for trisomy 18 yes i will be induced at a hospital in a different city and then they will start heat surgery on her a few days later

Quoting amberklo:

I went threw almost the same thing.At.my 20wk.scan they said his kindeys looked swollen

So.They sent me to anther ultrasound that was around 24wks whwre you can.see his heart beating irregularly.Like an. electrical problem.So at 26wks i.had anther one where They said everything was healthy and named some things it could have been.Me thinking my son was healthy almost missed my 28wk.Ob appt.My husbamd was.running kinda late that day he was in.the army so no.heloing.that.one.So I figured ok ill go anyways just take kids with.me.I.ended up getting lucky.And he came home right on time.Well got.there and when.they listen to his heart it was going so fast they couldnt count itmThey got me on a monitor where it was going oast 300s he was in.what they call SVTs where a babies heart rate goes past 250s.His was way past that.It wore itself down.to 68 by the time they got.me to.ultrasound and he had indication of heart failure.So.I.was lidary RUSHED into E c section.My clothes still on.no time for striod shots.And knocked straight out.It put a whole meaning to e csection.He ws born at just 28wks at 2lbs 10oz they where habing.to do electric shock.on his heart at first to bring it back up.Then.when it went up.it was way to high here is my tiny 2lb baby not only fighting being born so.early but fighting this as well.He dropped down.to 1lb had more complications from.being born.premature one being brady cardia.so if his heart rate wasmt to.high it was to low.Anther being PDA a whole in his heart.My son wom.the.fight came home at just 4lbs 5oz talk about scary lol.He was my 3rd and i nevrr though id take home 4lb baby.He stayed in.the hospital 5more xs its been a year sense his last stay in.dec.He is going in.for his 5th sedation on.the 28th for anther upper GI He has what they call a classic case of autism.But he.pulled three.against all odds.So.are tgey going to deliver your baby early to save your child life??have they said anything about it??

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM
My sister was told my neice had trisonomy 18 and 21 as well as only 1 kidney. Sje was born w ith 1 kidney and is perfectly healthy intelligent 14 yr old girl. She plays volleyball too. I hope they r completely wrong or at leasy partially so

Quoting Mommy2be517:

I am sorry to hear about your M/C, my son made his baby sister a shirt hopefully all this stuff the doctors are saying is wrong

Quoting jackieb2811:

I wish I had advice on how to do that because 2 year olds are so sensitive but at the same time he may not even remember because he is so little still. My best advice is if you ad a family memeber pass on tell him the baby went to be with them.

My friend also has a son but he is 9 and they told him today that his sister will not becoming home and he took it very hard and I knew he would he is a sensitive boy. Very sweet, very caring and I know he is upset. This was her second child since having him at 15. I know she wasn't ready for it to happen but she certainly was excited and ready for her.

I cano only say sorry because in your position I would be a total mess. I m/c last year but that does not even compare to what it would be like to go so far into a pregnancy and have to deliver a baby that may not make it or only live for a short time.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

I'm really afraid to lose my baby how do you explain to a 2 year old that his sister might pass away everyday my son Ayden ask me when is his sister going to come out of momma tummy to play with him it breaks my heart and every time he ask i fight back tears and tell him she will be here soon

Quoting jackieb2811:

It is life but, it is incredibly unfair. No matter what or how many times you hear "it will be ok" it is still the unbareable feeling and thought of saying good bye to your child. I know the feeling but never have and pray I never have to go through it.

My twins were born premature and had complications and before birth my twins had about a 35% chances of survival because I had such severe pre e. They stopped breathing several times at the hospital in the NICU it was a long 3 weeks but they are healthy 5 year olds today. I will be thinking of you both I wish you the best.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Thank you & i watched the video it's very heart breaking, i don't believe any living human or animal should have to go threw having to loose a child. I really don't believe that babies kids toddlers have to deal with such illnesses but i guess that's life

Quoting jackieb2811:

I am very sorry for your situation my best friend in the whole world basically like my sister her daughter she is pregnant with now was just diagnosed with Triploidy on Monday. It started out as just Hydrocephalus then Monday when she went to a better hospital for further tests they found so many more things and told her basically the baby will not survive. She is 35 weeks :-( It is very sad I feel like I am about to loose a niece.

There is a video on youtube about a baby born with trisomy 18 and for years now I still cry my heart out watching the video it is called '99 ballons'. It is very sweet but very sad. I pray for a good outcome for you and her.

Mommy2be517
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks that made me feel so much better

Quoting jackieb2811:

There is ALWAYS that possiblity! Just hold on to hope. Doctors make mistakes every day!! :-)

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I'm very sorry, I hope everything turns out well for you *hugs*.
Mommy2be517
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I am happy for her :)

Quoting svolkov:

My sister was told my neice had trisonomy 18 and 21 as well as only 1 kidney. Sje was born w ith 1 kidney and is perfectly healthy intelligent 14 yr old girl. She plays volleyball too. I hope they r completely wrong or at leasy partially so

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

babyboy117
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I will say a prayer for you and your baby.
amberklo
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM
how premature where they??I have a 28wker and your talkig about bradycaida??Hey read my sons story : ) I just posted

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Mommy2be517
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM
I'm still pregnant with her I'm 35 weeks today

Quoting amberklo:

how premature where they??I have a 28wker and your talkig about bradycaida??Hey read my sons story : ) I just posted

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Quoting jackieb2811:

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)