Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Mothers Worst Nightmare

Posted by   + Show Post
Everyday has been a living hell for me I'm constantly crying and researching and finding nothing but negative things. Everyday i hear everything is going to be alright, I'm seeing doctor after doctor hoping things will get better but no every ultrasound or every appointment there is something else wrong.. Wondering everyday day will my baby live or die i can't take anymore I'm at my wits end waiting for answers. I'm terrified of having a baby that might pass after birth. I am emotionally physically and mentally drained, i just need my baby girl to be healthy and be with me and my son now :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Hugs and prayers to you . I hope that you have a healthy baby .
Borne_Wonky
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I'm so sorry. 

Logan_Bellasmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Did you get an amnio to confirm that its T18?

Quoting Mommy2be517:

I am sorry to hear that :'(

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

No shes not. She passed away at 38 weeks.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Thank you, Is she still alive if you don't mind me asking??

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

My daughter was born with trisomy 18...I'm really sorry your going trough that.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Hlhs Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, Sua (Single umbilical Artery) And she might have trisomy 18

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I know I can't take away your worries. But I hope and pray everything is OK with your baby. My son had SUA and they "thought" he had trisomy 18. We saw a genetisist and he turned out to be OK. They "thought" he had a problem with his heart, he turned out to be OK. I don't want to downplay the risks or tell you your doctors are wrong, I just want you to know there is hope. I'm sorry for your situation and I hope you get all the good news I did! Prayers and love mama!
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I know it sounds impossible right now, but I agree with what others have said, do your best not to stress out. Do you have a religious leader or similar person to sit and talk with you and pray for you and your baby? I would be happy to pray for healing for your baby if you are ok with that.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Hlhs Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, Sua (Single umbilical Artery) And she might have trisomy 18

Quoting :

Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Praying for you and baby. (((Hugs)))
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this, but you do need to realize you may not get your wish.

please get help with what you are going through, best for you, and best for your son.

Mommy2be517
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM
That is awesome that they are doing well
I'm really afraid to lose my baby how do you explain to a 2 year old that his sister might pass away everyday my son Ayden ask me when is his sister going to come out of momma tummy to play with him it breaks my heart and every time he ask i fight back tears and tell him she will be here soon

Quoting jackieb2811:

It is life but, it is incredibly unfair. No matter what or how many times you hear "it will be ok" it is still the unbareable feeling and thought of saying good bye to your child. I know the feeling but never have and pray I never have to go through it.

My twins were born premature and had complications and before birth my twins had about a 35% chances of survival because I had such severe pre e. They stopped breathing several times at the hospital in the NICU it was a long 3 weeks but they are healthy 5 year olds today. I will be thinking of you both I wish you the best.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Thank you & i watched the video it's very heart breaking, i don't believe any living human or animal should have to go threw having to loose a child. I really don't believe that babies kids toddlers have to deal with such illnesses but i guess that's life

Quoting jackieb2811:

I am very sorry for your situation my best friend in the whole world basically like my sister her daughter she is pregnant with now was just diagnosed with Triploidy on Monday. It started out as just Hydrocephalus then Monday when she went to a better hospital for further tests they found so many more things and told her basically the baby will not survive. She is 35 weeks :-( It is very sad I feel like I am about to loose a niece.

There is a video on youtube about a baby born with trisomy 18 and for years now I still cry my heart out watching the video it is called '99 ballons'. It is very sweet but very sad. I pray for a good outcome for you and her.

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was two and a half months premature and struggled to live for almost three months afyer his birth but he is happy and healthy and 16 years old so no matter what there is hope anx a light at the end of the tunnel,you and your baby will be in my thoughts and i'm sure alot of other CM feel the same way.
Mommy2be517
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Thanks I hope and pray that these doctors are wrong

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I can't take away your worries. But I hope and pray everything is OK with your baby. My son had SUA and they "thought" he had trisomy 18. We saw a genetisist and he turned out to be OK. They "thought" he had a problem with his heart, he turned out to be OK. I don't want to downplay the risks or tell you your doctors are wrong, I just want you to know there is hope. I'm sorry for your situation and I hope you get all the good news I did! Prayers and love mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured