Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Mothers Worst Nightmare

Posted by   + Show Post
Everyday has been a living hell for me I'm constantly crying and researching and finding nothing but negative things. Everyday i hear everything is going to be alright, I'm seeing doctor after doctor hoping things will get better but no every ultrasound or every appointment there is something else wrong.. Wondering everyday day will my baby live or die i can't take anymore I'm at my wits end waiting for answers. I'm terrified of having a baby that might pass after birth. I am emotionally physically and mentally drained, i just need my baby girl to be healthy and be with me and my son now :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Replies (71-80):
acaisha
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

my second son had Sua .. he didn't have any effects from it though.. I didn't know until he was born that he even had it which I am actually glad for. cannot imagine the worry you must feel:( Stay strong, its the only thing you can do for your daughter right now. Try your best to keep the stress and worry as low as possible for your baby.. she has a fight ahead of her and keeping her as healthy and stress free is going to help her. Be strong for her as much as you can.

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Hlhs Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, Sua (Single umbilical Artery) And she might have trisomy 18

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Thank you so much Her baby shower was supposed to be this weekend but that is no longer and I asked her what SHE wants for the day the baby comes, if she wants alone time just her, dad and the baby or if she don't mind visitors it is totally up to her but I have already been thinking of some things to get her to remember her baby. I am writing her a special poem for her daughter which has meaning because me and her used to be advid in poetry when we were younger and it would mean a lot and the book that isa great idea!

Quoting Nee86:

Quoting jackieb2811:

For your friend's 9 year olf and op if things do not turn out well, my I recommend a book? It's called "We were suppost to have a baby but we got an angel instead." After I gave birth to my son, a nurse at the hospital gave me this book to help explain to my 20 month old dd that there would be no baby. It helped. It explained that mommy is sad fir a long time and thay daddy is sad for a long time. Even talks about grandparents.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Yea it was important for me to be with them all day everyday and the nurses were so encouraging and supportive! I was able to have the clot treated with a weeks dose of lovenox. They are not sure if it was due to my c-section or if it was due to my pregnancy but for this pregnancy and any one after I will have to give myself a shot every day for the entire pregnancy of lovenox, I also have to take a baby asprin and of course my prenatal. That does sound cute I will look into it!! Thanks!

Quoting amberklo:

Thank you : ) Lol he still has his fighter attude.Wow you had to do.the.same thing I did.We lived in lawton Ok.amd he was.born in OKC. We stayed at the ronald mc donald home to.Where.they able to.get the clot out??Do.they know what caused it?That wpuld scare me.Its a preemie.thing is a really good facebook page and she sells the MOST CUTEST 1sy and shirts ever.That.say things like I earned my rolls and.NICU.grad and year and virth weight.You have.to see it lol.I.think.you would love it.She has some.cute twin stuff to.on.She also.has a site.to www.itsapreemiething.com you can read blogs amd all kinds of stuff.How.are.tge twins now any.delays?Thats ths reason why i am trying to raise 4grand fpr them.Iv got.to get back on it.

Quoting jackieb2811:

I was read your story that is very sad :-( poor little guy! He pulled through though what a fighter!! My twins spent 2 weeks in the NICU and 1 in PICU I was in the hospital for the first 6 days because they found a blood clot in my left ovary which I just found out is very rare! Anyhow I made the hour drive up there everyday to be with them for the first week after I was released then my insuranced covered my stay at the hospital in the PICU wing with them. March of Dimes offered to cover the cost of me to stay at the Ronald Mcdonald house but after finding out I could stay at the hospital I declined.

What is a thing with premiee's? The brady's?

Quoting amber

amberklo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:08 AM
yiks yea I get a shot every week to help.stop preterm.labor my 2nd child water broke at 32wks but carried.til 37wks and of corse.had.problems.with.my.4th Carring.my 5th.now.bht.i.start a shot at 16wks and go on.every week
I.could not.give myself a shot though everyday though.

Quoting jackieb2811:

Yea it was important for me to be with them all day everyday and the nurses were so encouraging and supportive! I was able to have the clot treated with a weeks dose of lovenox. They are not sure if it was due to my c-section or if it was due to my pregnancy but for this pregnancy and any one after I will have to give myself a shot every day for the entire pregnancy of lovenox, I also have to take a baby asprin and of course my prenatal. That does sound cute I will look into it!! Thanks!

Quoting amberklo:

Thank you : ) Lol he still has his fighter attude.Wow you had to do.the.same thing I did.We lived in lawton Ok.amd he was.born in OKC. We stayed at the ronald mc donald home to.Where.they able to.get the clot out??Do.they know what caused it?That wpuld scare me.Its a preemie.thing is a really good facebook page and she sells the MOST CUTEST 1sy and shirts ever.That.say things like I earned my rolls and.NICU.grad and year and virth weight.You have.to see it lol.I.think.you would love it.She has some.cute twin stuff to.on.She also.has a site.to www.itsapreemiething.com you can read blogs amd all kinds of stuff.How.are.tge twins now any.delays?Thats ths reason why i am trying to raise 4grand fpr them.Iv got.to get back on it.

Quoting jackieb2811:

I was read your story that is very sad :-( poor little guy! He pulled through though what a fighter!! My twins spent 2 weeks in the NICU and 1 in PICU I was in the hospital for the first 6 days because they found a blood clot in my left ovary which I just found out is very rare! Anyhow I made the hour drive up there everyday to be with them for the first week after I was released then my insuranced covered my stay at the hospital in the PICU wing with them. March of Dimes offered to cover the cost of me to stay at the Ronald Mcdonald house but after finding out I could stay at the hospital I declined.

Quoting amber

amberklo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:09 AM
gotta love high risk pregmamcy stuff.ro

Quoting amberklo:

yiks yea I get a shot every week to help.stop preterm.labor my 2nd child water broke at 32wks but carried.til 37wks and of corse.had.problems.with.my.4th Carring.my 5th.now.bht.i.start a shot at 16wks and go on.every week

I.could not.give myself a shot though everyday though.

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting amberklo:

Quoting jackieb2811:

Quoting amber

Nee86
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Quoting jackieb2811:

Here is my recommendation, a camara and a angel picture frame. The hospitals are a lot better about losses now then what they were years ago.
Here is my story :
I went to the hospital on a Monday night with contractions 3-5 minutes apart with bloodly show. That was about 3:30pm. I was released at around midnight with an explanation of it was gallstones. I live 30 miles from the hospital in a rural area. Our ambulance is volunteer (I was on it at the time) with 4 paid positions, one of which is my friend that rents a room from us. I woke up at 5am with hard contractions. Woke my husband up and we realized there was no time to get to tge hospital. Dh called 911 and got Anna (our friend) up to help me. Wyatt was born at 5:22am. He passed shortly after his birth. I was 23 weeks pregnant.
Once I was at the hospital, I had a nurse assigned only to me. She had special training for infant loss. I was given 3 books (I can get tou the names later if you like, there in my room and dh is asleep ). They dressed Wyatt in a little outfit, gave him a blanket and a teddy bear. The hospital took pictures and made a heart shaped cased of his had prints and foot prints. I have his clothes, blanket, and teddy bear plus pictures. These are my most prized possessions.
Another thing your friend may need help with is funeral expenses and planning. We had to go to the funeral home right after I was released from the hospital. That was the second hardest part of the day. The first was when the nurse took him from the room for the last time after we said good bye.
Above all, just be there for her. Sit and listen to her. Bring lots of tissue, water, and little snacks. Normal post partum supplies because your body doesn't know the bay died so her body will still produce milk. Anything else, please ask. I'm more then willing to help you help her and her husband. _
elbrooks13
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

:(  My heart goes out to you for what you are going through.  I hope you don't mind, but I was looking into what SUA was exactly, and I came across this website, maybe it will help you find some more peace of mind?  Everyone in here is willing to listen and give support, but I think these women may have more insight into your situation.  http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a6699775/single_umbilical_artery_sua_two_vessel_umbilical_cord      hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Yes. She's ten now :)

Quoting Mommy2be517:

Did you find out after birth??

Quoting Anonymous:

Hang in there mama. My dd has a rare form of HLHS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:09 AM

I heard the same story with my youngest.  Turns out, all those tests were completely and totally wrong.

MomandWife6
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:11 AM

hugs and good thoughts your way I hope everything works out for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)