Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want my child support, and I don't care if you lose everything you own. I'm the mom, so I'm more important....edit

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When someone addresses and ends the issue of women who milk their ex's bank account dry every month collecting "child support" (aka) I dont' wanna work after me and you split up, so you are gonna support me even though I'm a heinous bitch...THEN I will get upset if I see someone buying candy/cupcakes/what the fuck ever with a Food stamp card.

Sure, some women deserve and need their child support money....other's do not. If you make enough money to supprt your kids, and your child is spending enough time with both parents, why the fuck are you bleeding him dry in child support? Because you're bitter? WHY?

It really saddens me that as women, some of you demand child support from the men, yet in the same breath say that you're an independant woman who doesn't need a man to get by. Well, apparently you do, and it makes us all look bad.

I honestly can't say which I detest more...the one's who are determined to get enough money from some poor bastard to buy their kids (and themselves,let's be real) all kind of toys, electronics, vacations, etc. OR the ones who just don't let the guy see the kid, all because you guys aren't together anymore.  LET it go...stop making women look desperate and clingy. 

Bad husband/boyfriend/partner does not always = bad dad/parent. Stop being greedy and spiteful.

Ok, I'm done.

No, I don't get child support for my son. Why should I? I can afford to take care of him. No, my DH doesn't have any other kids and is not paying child support. Not everyone who thinks that women are shitty for breaking their exes bank account are jaded or bitter from a  man. Get over it.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Replies (361-367):
kagegirl
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM

My ex and i have a great deal worked out. he sees the kids when he can, he works alot, and he buys all their school supplies and clothes. I file with them on my taxes. both of us are happy with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 74 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I get cs but don't need it. That being said I don't touch a dime of it every month it is put into an account for my child. It will be used for college and if they don't go to college they can have it when they are 30. It is what my ex and I thought would be a good idea. It bothers me when moms use cs to pay for expensive things for themselves that isn't what its for. My sil uses it to pay for her shopping sprees and goes on a expensive vacation every yr with her current bf and her kids don't go i find that repulsive. Cs is suppose to be for the kids not to support moms expensive lifestyle
Lalalie
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I'm not sure. I didn't look at the date.

I didn't mean this to be a reply to you, just kind of building off what you said and adding that it shouldn't be the persons responsbility to take care of the other parent but yeah they should take care of the kid.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Wow this post is old! Lol. Did it get bumped for a reason?

Where in my reply did I say the mother shouldn't? In most cases, the mother is solely responsible for the support of the child in question. Even when child support is ordered it isn't payed.

But according to the op, if we go after child support we're a bunch of greedy bitches who are just mad we got dumped.

And as a matter of fact, any judge will tell you the child support is to be used at the discretion of the custodial parent so long ad necessities for the child have been provided.

Quoting Lalalie:

I can see her point, though thankfully I've never had to deal with it.

He should legally and morally be helping financially support the child he helped create... but not the mother. I know a lot of people who use that money for themselves. That doesn't seem fair to me. It's about the child not the mother/father getting the payments for said child.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

I'm not greedy or spiteful.

Sometimes he pays $23 whole dollars a month!! Bet he's really suffering.

Why does it matter if the woman makes enough to do without the support or if he gets visitation? According to the law, both parents have an equal obligation of support. Meaning he should legally and morally be helping to financially support the child he helped create.

I'm not sure why you take issue with this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 75 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM
It's still his child. Why should he get a pass to not financially take care of them. Idc if I made five million a year...it's still his responsibility to provide for that child just as well. Why should he get off Scott free???
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM
If it were your kid, you would think differently. You sound like you're BITTER. I don't get a dime and guess what bitch, I don't want it or need it. Your man doesn't make enough money to support you and his ex? Up your standards and maybe you wouldn't have to cry to us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Every parent should support their children financially, regardless of income.  If the mother is self sufficient, then child support should be deposited in a college fund. 

If you don't want to support other peoples children, then don't marry a man with kids. 

You were the idiot who chose him.

skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I agree with you. And ill add I don't get child support. My ex was an abusive ass who I have a restraining order on. He didn't sign my daughters birth certificate and I will not make him ne a dad. It's been over 3 years and I support my daughter on my own. Honesty I'm happy I don't deal with this issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)