Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So Ladies, Do YOU Think..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
the world is truly going to end in about 50 days? I'm not sure what to beleive (and I hate to say it!!) but I'm starting to doubt God. I've been raised in a Christian/Baptist family. We were talking about the signs of the Apocalypse when someone suggested "the Beast" referred to in the Bible is Facebook because it knows every man, woman, and child's name, their place, and their being. (Not EVERYbody, none of us have a FB) My mother disagreed, her argument was that the Bible said the beast would be an entity.

I'm just curious as to what your opinions are on this - we all know if you want honest opinions head on over to CM! LOL but the overall thought to me is. ..scary.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Leobaby2007
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Isn't this prediction based on the Mayan calendar?

The Mayans were an advanced group of people for their time, yet it never occurred to them to invent the freakin' wheel, so I think I'm going to have to choose NOT to believe their prediction on this one lol. They were not "all knowing", FFS.

I don't buy it, and if I'm wrong, there will be no one left to say, "I told so you so!"  anyway lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I do believe this is the best reply I have ever read on CM ... lmao you're a genius!! :)

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Isn't this prediction based on the Mayan calander?

The Mayans were an advanced group of people for their time, yet it never occurred to them to invent the freakin' wheel, so I think I'm going to have to choose NOT to believe their prediction on this one lol. They were not "all knowing", FFS.

I don't buy it, and if I'm wrong, there will be no one left to say, "I told so you so!"  anyway lol.

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:05 AM
No.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Ha ha ha! You're funny! Well, it was so random, but I was thinking about it the other day because I have seen the famous Mayan ruins, Chichen Itza, outside of Cacun, Mexico, and they had these cool sundials they used to tell time and all these amazing pyramids, but everyone had to haul everything on their backs to build them! I started thinking to myself, "Wow- they were really quite an advanced culture, but I don't think they used the wheel!" 

I looked it up, and sure enough, they didn't! And here we are, listening to their end of the world prediction!!!! Lol

Who knows? Maybe they're right. I figure, if it's our time to go, then so be it, but I doubt it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I do believe this is the best reply I have ever read on CM ... lmao you're a genius!! :)

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Isn't this prediction based on the Mayan calander?

kkps725
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Nope, and if it does what's the point in worrying about it now? When the time comes you can't stop it so I guess I just don't understand why everyone is so worried about it..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hoolikay
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Facebook is a beast but I don't believe it is THE beast.  If you read Ezekiel, you will see in the beginning he had a vision of the beast and it doesn't look like Facebook. Also, if you go further in to around chapter 6 or 7...maybe 8, you'll see that the mark of the Beast isn't a bad thing. I know I grew up believing that the mark of the beast meant something like microchips that people are always talking about that identify you with the world. It's the opposite actually. The mark of the Beast is an identifyer of followers of Christ. It's much the same as when the people were told to put the lamb's blood over their doorway during passover so that the death angel would not take the oldest son.

I don't believe the world is ending on the 21st of Dec. No man knows when....not even the Son, is what the Bible says.  Also there are plenty of  verses that say this and this and this will happen but fear not, the end is not yet near. I agree that there are a lot of signs that He warned us about and it's almost scarey, but He told us not to worry. Those are right before 'the end is not yet near'.

Either way, even if it does, I'm not worried...I'm ready.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
They probably just got bored. Or the guy who was making it died.
I bet they got a kick out of how crazy people might get about it, someday!

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Lmao. No. The calendar had to end at some point. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:18 AM
2 moms liked this

No...because I got a 2013 calendar from ASPCA a couple of weeks ago. big smile mini

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Well, that's kind of crazy.

No, I don't believe the world is going to end on 12/21. I am Jewish so our 2012 passed a LONG time ago! Ditto on thr Mayans 2012, the Gregorian 2012 is not the same as the Mayan 2012.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Wait....so you're telling me that IT DOES GO ON??

Quoting auntietotty:

No...because I got a 2013 calendar from ASPCA a couple of weeks ago. big smile mini

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)