Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So Ladies, Do YOU Think..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
the world is truly going to end in about 50 days? I'm not sure what to beleive (and I hate to say it!!) but I'm starting to doubt God. I've been raised in a Christian/Baptist family. We were talking about the signs of the Apocalypse when someone suggested "the Beast" referred to in the Bible is Facebook because it knows every man, woman, and child's name, their place, and their being. (Not EVERYbody, none of us have a FB) My mother disagreed, her argument was that the Bible said the beast would be an entity.

I'm just curious as to what your opinions are on this - we all know if you want honest opinions head on over to CM! LOL but the overall thought to me is. ..scary.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Every calendar ends and starts over. The world doesn't end every December 31st! If you go back through the generations everyone always believes theirs is the last.
BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I don't believe it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PiNkIsPuNk
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM
The "BEAST" is APATHY.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM
I believe the world is going to end when Jesus comes back and I believe that no one will know when that day will be. Revelations clearly describes the beast and it's not fb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I'm agnostic, so I don't know what to believe. Not trying to be funny!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:22 AM

No. My parents/grandparents think it will be soon though.

My grandma (who is now 90) swears when she accepted Christ that she heard that she would be called up in the clouds in his return (meaning she'd be alive when it would happen).

I don't know, I have a different view on religion than she does and I know she'd say I've backslid. But to be honest, as bad as downhill things have gone, I don't see all the signs for a second coming yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Um...the HEBREWS but lamb's blood on the door posts so that th Angel of Death would pass over the People of God during the time of MOSES. It had NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ. Passover WAS observed during the days of Christ but the blood was put on the doors during the time of Moses.

Quoting Hoolikay:

Facebook is a beast but I don't believe it is THE beast.  If you read Ezekiel, you will see in the beginning he had a vision of the beast and it doesn't look like Facebook. Also, if you go further in to around chapter 6 or 7...maybe 8, you'll see that the mark of the Beast isn't a bad thing. I know I grew up believing that the mark of the beast meant something like microchips that people are always talking about that identify you with the world. It's the opposite actually. The mark of the Beast is an identifyer of followers of Christ. It's much the same as when the people were told to put the lamb's blood over their doorway during passover in order to identify themselves as a follower of Christ.

I don't believe the world is ending on the 21st of Dec. No man knows when....not even the Son, is what the Bible says.  Also there are plenty of  verses that say this and this and this will happen but fear not, the end is not yet near. I agree that there are a lot of signs that He warned us about and it's almost scarey, but He told us not to worry. Those are right before 'the end is not yet near'.

Either way, even if it does, I'm not worried...I'm ready.

Hoolikay
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:26 AM

You're right. I'm sorry I put that wrong information in there. I'm going to edit my post to make it correct. Thanks.

Fixed..I suppose I should not be so lazy about getting up to get my Bible and handing out wrong information. I originally typed 'when Moses told the people to put the lamb's blood over the door' but changed it because I thought I was wrong.  A lot of times I get information like that backwards.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um...the HEBREWS but lamb's blood on the door posts so that th Angel of Death would pass over the People of God during the time of MOSES. It had NOTHING to do with Jesus Christ. Passover WAS observed during the days of Christ but the blood was put on the doors during the time of Moses.

Quoting Hoolikay:

Facebook is a beast but I don't believe it is THE beast.  If you read Ezekiel, you will see in the beginning he had a vision of the beast and it doesn't look like Facebook. Also, if you go further in to around chapter 6 or 7...maybe 8, you'll see that the mark of the Beast isn't a bad thing. I know I grew up believing that the mark of the beast meant something like microchips that people are always talking about that identify you with the world. It's the opposite actually. The mark of the Beast is an identifyer of followers of Christ. It's much the same as when the people were told to put the lamb's blood over their doorway during passover in order to identify themselves as a follower of Christ.

I don't believe the world is ending on the 21st of Dec. No man knows when....not even the Son, is what the Bible says.  Also there are plenty of  verses that say this and this and this will happen but fear not, the end is not yet near. I agree that there are a lot of signs that He warned us about and it's almost scarey, but He told us not to worry. Those are right before 'the end is not yet near'.

Either way, even if it does, I'm not worried...I'm ready.

TarantulaTress
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:26 AM
I think the Mayans chipped away at the friggin' stone for centuries then one day said "Fuck this shit!", threw down their chisel and partied like it was 1999 BC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

They probably just got bored. Or the guy who was making it died.
I bet they got a kick out of how crazy people might get about it, someday!

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

Lmao. No. The calendar had to end at some point. 

LOL - Or the guy making it died, that's hilarious - I love it! Ohhh you know they did, they probably laughed for hours - this is going to scare the sh*t out of somebody for years...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN