Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So Ladies, Do YOU Think..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
the world is truly going to end in about 50 days? I'm not sure what to beleive (and I hate to say it!!) but I'm starting to doubt God. I've been raised in a Christian/Baptist family. We were talking about the signs of the Apocalypse when someone suggested "the Beast" referred to in the Bible is Facebook because it knows every man, woman, and child's name, their place, and their being. (Not EVERYbody, none of us have a FB) My mother disagreed, her argument was that the Bible said the beast would be an entity.

I'm just curious as to what your opinions are on this - we all know if you want honest opinions head on over to CM! LOL but the overall thought to me is. ..scary.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
MajorsMom8215
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM

No, it's not going to end. It's the end of the calendar, sure, but when the year is over you just buy a new calendar.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

nope... mysteriously, another "calendar" was found that the mayans made and it showed the world goes on passed this year.... Oh and this "calendar" was found sometime this year, by archiologists>> Or something along the line... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

The Bible says that no one, no human, angels, not even Jesus will know when the last day is. Only God knows so I'm not scared in the slightest.

1smartcookie
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Nope.

ninagoesnuts

Are you talking about the Mayan calendar? The Mayans did not predict the end of the world. They simply ended their calendar at this particular time. It would be the same as someone in the year 3999 finding an ancient cell phone with a calendar that happened to end at the year 4000 and saying that meant the world was going to end. Don't worry. The world will end eventually, but not because of this. :)

beerabitch69

hahahah!! omg.

semamaearth
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM

nope, I don't believe in the whole 2012 bs. The Mayans just decided they'd already made thousands of years worth of a calender so they got tired and stopped at 2012! lol! seriously, just because they stopped there doesn't make me a believer. sorry.

and I also grew up in a Christian home. Coming from that standpoint, we won't know. No way to know. we may see "signs" but every generation has and would've sworn it would be in their time. Whatever. I'm thinking we'll know when "the end" is here, so I guess if you are a Christian, just, be ready?!

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Someday I want my kids to know how many times I survived the end of the world. LOL.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Maybe the zombies will begin

Nooooooooooooo

Why does anyone believe in something thats yeeeeears old
None of us were around to prove it

Its like the train game
You say one thing to the first person and by the time it reaches the last person, the whole thing has been changed and has nothing to do with the original version
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Do I think so? No, I don't think it will happen simply because God stated that no man will know when the end is coming. I trust in him even if I have my days when I doubt him severely. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN