Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when ur kids are sick who is the parent...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies

Who goes without sleep and why? I am always the one to lack sleep and I am starting to resent dh for it.... our youngest is 6 and has health issues she is always sick and there are times I don't get to sleep for days....it wasn't so bad before because I could sleep during the day if need be. But now I work as well so not sleeping for days is killing me...dh works a hard job and long hours and sleeps very deep and is an ass if I awake him so I deal with it on my own...as you can tell dd is sick and it has been 2 days since I have last slept

I have sat DH down and have had talks with him about it, he always says just to wake him up and he will get up, but if I try he either does not wake up, becomes a jerk or will wake up say ok then fall right back to sleep

when she is this sick somebody has to be up to watch her because of her breathing so sleeping in our bed does no good...so we usually snuggle up on the couch and watch movies until she falls a sleep again

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DollFace-23
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Me..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I mostly am because I'm at home with them the most. DH has cared for them too though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I do everything, and I work.  Even if we're all sick at the same time and dad's not, I still do it all.

isyn3cams
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Usually me...dh tries to help but the kids are used to me since hes always working....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_bear77
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM
same as you, my dd is sick and i haven't slept neither, if my husband gets sick i sleep less and if i get sick im a zombie.lol no sleep at all ahh motherhood
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
idareyou
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM

If there's vomit involved - it's all on him. BUT that doesn't mean I'm sleeping - if he's up with a kid I'm awake too - just laying in bed with my hands over my ears. If there's no vomit, just coughing, etc, it's a toss up - about half & half - but again, the one not "up" is usually still awake too.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

i sell my kids

tennisgal
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I do, but my kids are never sick so I can't be too resentful.

However, I am 36 weeks pregnant and apparently DS7 came in to tell me he wet the bed the other night and DH got up and took care of it (unlike him) and I had no clue until I smelled the peepee sheets in the laundry room the next morning. I never sleep that hard that I don't hear the kids. 

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Usually it's me but my husband will do it too it just depends. He does better with no sleep than I do but it has been a few year since either of us has had to get up with a sick child.

daiseymae2
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Usually me, but I am a SAHM. DH will try to stay up when they are sick most of the time, but he needs sleep because he is the one who works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)