Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sooo... Why is it so hard for some of you ladies to believe that...

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • 407 Replies
10 moms liked this

Some women hate breast feeding?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janel09
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM
5 moms liked this

I breastfed exclusively my second and third daughter, and I can see the pros and cons of breastfeeding. They tell you all the pros (great start for baby, lose weight faster,bonding, ect) but they never mention the cons. If you have a problem with pumping, don't drink or losing 1 ounce of milk is a nightmare. It isn't cheap to breastfeed either. The cost of the pump, bottles and bags for storage, and breast pads aren't the same as cans of formula, but still expensive.You get to bond with the baby, to the point that alone time will be a dream in the past. You can eat the wrong thing making the baby gassy and that's just as bad as a colicy baby.

RollingStone
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this
At what age..?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I hated it, but I did it. I was sad when he pretty much weaned himself to a sippy at 8 months. He took his brothers and that was it. My supply was dropping anyways. I wasn't able to nurse my older son due to him having too many issues. I was so upset. Didn't know how much I would hate it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM
14 moms liked this
I can't stand breastfeeding. I know all the pros. I tried really hard with my first & just couldn't handle it.
Couldn't care less who likes it or not.
It was either be horribly miserable or not. *shrugs
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM
41 moms liked this

i guess some women find it unbelievable because it is in our dna to feed our babies. We are mammals, we have breasts, and it should be an instinct to feed our babies. Suddenly women say they hate it or they find it disgusting and those excuses seem unnatural and abnormal. I've never felt that way, so I cant say I understand why someone would feel those ways. As long as the mom gives it a chance, I give them kudos. If they say those negative things and theyve never even attempted it, I look down on them.

Leobaby2007
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM
20 moms liked this

What has always baffled me is why women often care so much if a new mother is nursing or not. It's such a personal question and yet perfect strangers asked me about it when I was pregnant and when I had a newborn. Geez- MYOB!

eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM
I hated it, but I nursed all 4 of mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
It isn't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I breast fed all 4 kids....never enjoyed it. I wouldn't say I hated it, but I definitely didn't have warm fuzzies over it.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:24 AM
I believe it. I did with all four of mine and while I didn't exactly hate it, I'm glad I never have to do it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)